Author Topic: I had my thread locked on CAF.  (Read 83 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
I had my thread locked on CAF.
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:20:07 PM »
I really don't know what to think. It's not like my thread was inappropriate or anything. It was similar to one that I posted here. Has anyone else had this happen?

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Re: I had my thread locked on CAF.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »
It seems to have been a somewhat common phenomenon among traditionalists (getting locked out or banned), based on some threads I've seen here. It never happened to me; maybe that means I wasn't traditionalist enough! I haven't posted there in a long while (years?), and for a long while it was just on their prayer thread.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:02:34 AM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 12:26:40 PM »
Topic and offending post summary?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »

Basically, does God love souls who have never committed mortal sin more than souls who have. They emailed me and told me to seek counseling.  :o

Online Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
It's a badge of honor (to have a thread locked there). They don't like discussions which is strange because they're a forum but it is what it is.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 05:30:41 PM »

Basically, does God love souls who have never committed mortal sin more than souls who have. They emailed me and told me to seek counseling.  :o

Sounds like something one Mark Shea would say. Sorry.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.