Author Topic: молитвенник  (Read 655 times)

Offline Cameron PM

• Hellebardier
    • Crux de Cruce
  • Religion: Catholic
молитвенник
« on: October 15, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
Do any prayerbooks exist in the Russian language? I've been looking forever, and it is my second language.

Catholic preferred, Orthodox appreciated.
From quiet homes and first beginning, out to the undiscovered ends, there's nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends.
Hilaire Belloc

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline Regina Caeli

• Mary Garden
  • Vizekorporal
Re: молитвенник
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
Surely you are not having trouble finding Orthodox prayer books in Russian? I can imagine Catholic prayer books would be much more difficult. Have you tried looking for one in Ukrainian? It is supposed to be highly mutually intelligible with Russian. Or are you only interested in the Russian language?

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »
Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville publishes a Russian Orthodox prayerbook in Church Slavonic(I have a copy). I'm not sure I've seen any prayerbooks in Russian from any sellers in the States. Most Russian Orthodox service and prayerbooks are in Slavonic.

The Ever-Virgin Mary, crushing within herself—and crushing in the whole human race—the serpent’s head, did not abandon the fallen human race; but by her eternal motherly care, the Ever-Pure Mother petitions her Son and our God for even the most desperate sinners.
For this reason the Mother of God is called ‘the Scourge of the demons’—there is no possibility of the devil ruining a man, provided that man does not cease seeking the aid of the Mother of God.”- St. Seraphim of Sarov

“It is later than you think! Hasten, therefore, to do the work of God.”- Blessed Seraphim Rose

The following users thanked this post: Regina Caeli

Offline aquinas138

• Wachtmeister
  • Māran etraḥam 'lay!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:05 PM »
There are a few Orthodox options here. I would like to see the table of contents on that book of Akathists.

If you are set on Catholic-only books, you might try contacting St. Michael's in NYC; they're a Russian Catholic community.
O unashamed intercessor of Christians, ever loyal advocate before the Creator, do not disregard the prayerful voice of sinners but in your goodness hasten to assist us who trustfully cry out to you: Intercede always, O Mother of God, in behalf of those who honor you!

The following users thanked this post: abc123, Regina Caeli

Offline sedmohradsko

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »
Даже не попробай найты католический молитвенник!  Если хочешь что-то католического, особенно римского, тебе надо молитвенник-то на польском языке. 

Offline LausTibiChriste

• #ImpeachFrancis2018
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • sip sip
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 02:32:13 AM »
Catholic prayerbooks in Russian do exist, but you’d have to go to Moscow for ‘em.
‎"Traditionalists are some of the worst modernists on the planet"
     -Fr. Chad Ripperger

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
     -Wayne Gretzky
          -Michael Scott