Author Topic: Leo Darroch's History of the FIUV  (Read 1077 times)

Offline OSB Melitensis

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Leo Darroch's History of the FIUV
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:26:00 AM »
I would highly recommend this book http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com.mt/2017/09/leo-darrochs-fiuv-history-una-voce.html. It deals with the history of Una Voce under its first two Presidents, i.e. de Saventhem and Davies.

Leo Darroch served as President of the International Una Voce Federation from 2007 to 2013.
"In ancient times, our forefathers sowed the seeds of the wheat of faith in that field which is the Church. It would be quite unjust and improper if we, their descendents, gathered, instead of the genuine truth of wheat, the false tares of error. On the contrary, it is logically correct that the beginning and the end be in agreement, that we reap from the planting of the wheat of doctrine the harvest of the wheat of dogma. In this way, none of the Characteristics of the seed is changed, although something evolved in the course of time from those first seeds and has now expanded under careful cultivation. What may be added is merely appearance, beauty, and distinction, but the proper nature of each kind remains."  St. Vincent of Lerins

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline DanZell

• Hellebardier
Re: Leo Darroch's History of the FIUV
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
Seems very interesting. I'm vaguely familiar with Leo Darroch, but I've never read anything of his. Time to change that.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Leo Darroch's History of the FIUV
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:43:19 AM »
25 pounds.  Wew. 

Probably well-worth it, though.  I'll have to add it to the ol' list...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.