Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 984 times)

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Apologies
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »
I want to publicly apologize to Louis IX, Jayne, and the rest of the forum for my childish conduct and ridiculous way of 'arguing' a point(in various threads). If this were my forum, and a poster were conducting himself as I was, it would have been a ban. I forget why we are all here many times, and focus solely on myself. That is not Catholic(pleasing to God) and does nothing to promote the Kingship of Christ.

I put the apology here since if I were in everyone's presence, I would have bought doughnuts(scones for our English brethren) and Mystic Monk coffee for everyone. Louis IX would have received a few Hefeweizen and Jayne a box of some fancy chocolate(I don't think she drinks).

When this society all comes crashing down, the only people we have to count on are our families who are still close and our traditional Catholic friends and acquaintances: they are the only ones who will be of any real alliance due to the spiritual benefits of Grace. No need for antagonism and enemy making, which I did, and which I am sorry for.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 01:19:20 PM »
This is a great post.

Thank you, Heinrich.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
I want to publicly apologize to Louis IX, Jayne, and the rest of the forum for my childish conduct and ridiculous way of 'arguing' a point(in various threads). If this were my forum, and a poster were conducting himself as I was, it would have been a ban. I forget why we are all here many times, and focus solely on myself. That is not Catholic(pleasing to God) and does nothing to promote the Kingship of Christ.

I put the apology here since if I were in everyone's presence, I would have bought doughnuts(scones for our English brethren) and Mystic Monk coffee for everyone. Louis IX would have received a few Hefeweizen and Jayne a box of some fancy chocolate(I don't think she drinks).

When this society all comes crashing down, the only people we have to count on are our families who are still close and our traditional Catholic friends and acquaintances: they are the only ones who will be of any real alliance due to the spiritual benefits of Grace. No need for antagonism and enemy making, which I did, and which I am sorry for.

Heinrich,
KK is right, this is a great post  :thumbsup: Thank you.

I have not had the chance to follow what is going on, the people, the threads & or posts in question.
I am new here & have a lot going on....Long time lurker, tho...

I loved reading about when you helped Gardener move even though your leg was bothering you at the time. That is what being a Christian is about. A good Catholic!
You were there when he needed you. A great example for us all.

It takes a lot for someone to admit when they might be wrong & apologize,
the sign of a Gentleman, so God bless you  :pray1:

Thanks for the kindness you have shown me as well.

Lovely post  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:39:41 PM by Christe Eleison »

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
Heinrich, thanks for reminding us about what is really important.  And thanks for the virtual chocolate.

I accept your apology and I'm sorry for the times that I have been difficult to get along with.  I'm sure that makes it harder for you to behave the way that you want to.  (I'm Canadian so I am compelled to add my own apologies to any apology thread. :canada:)

I'll try harder to be at peace with you.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
Great post Heinrich.  It takes a big man to publicly apologize like that.  Setting the example of rare humility like this will touch far more people than just the one intended.  Good for you.  I hope we never need it, but I'm glad to know that men like you will be in our alliance.   :thumbsup:

*Edited for proper spelling.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:38:57 PM by dymphna17 »
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Carleendiane, PerEvangelicaDicta, Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »
Great post Heinrich.  It takes a big man to publicly apologize like that.  Setting the example of rare humility like this will touch far more people that just the one intended.  Good for you.  I hope we never need it, but I'm glad to know that men like you will be in our alliance.   :thumbsup:

And that is what I was trying to say as well. My sentiments exactly.
Beautiful post! Thank you, Dymphna.

:pray1:

The following users thanked this post: dymphna17, PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »
Heinrich,

:thumbsup:   :cheeseheadbeer:

It makes me happy to read a post like that; thank you.  It makes me proud of this forum.

:pray1:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:45:41 PM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, dymphna17, PerEvangelicaDicta, Christe Eleison

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
Heinrich, you are a good man.I remember about a year ago you told me to go back to Mary's Garden and take Ches with me! Even when you are annoyed you are still funny.

Hey...I know....how about a personal apology to me, Heinrich?  I've never had one and think I am entitled to one from you!!! How about it? Not to worry, you can pm me if you want. Then I will copy and paste it to once again show your deep humility and caring for others.  :whistling: OK. You do know I'm joking, Heinrich, right?

Now, jokes over. Thank you Heinrich. I do think you are a GOOD man and enjoy your presence here very much. You make me laugh. I do enjoy a good laugh. Carleen
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »
I would rather have doughnuts thanks.  Scones are a bit stodgy.
(jam [jelly] filled or custard are my favourites)
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 -
 me (inspired by Dr Seuss) see: https://seuss.fandom.com/wiki/Thing_One_and_Thing_Two

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline PerEvangelicaDicta

• Contemplare et contemplata aliis tradere
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »
Heinrich, I just saw this.  Please pardon my late comment.

I didn't follow the referenced discussion; nevertheless, I pray that I may have an ounce of your fortitude.  Non Nobis said it best for me - it makes me proud to be part of the SD family, with good Catholic men such as you setting example.

Humility is the foundation of all the other virtues hence, in the soul in which this virtue does not exist, there cannot be any other virtue except in mere appearance.
—St. Augustine
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich