Author Topic: Wheelock is overrated  (Read 5182 times)

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Wheelock is overrated
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
Honestly, I enjoy teaching my kids ALL the subjects....I'm learning so much  ;D

This is why I think I'd actually like homeschooling (at least, homeschooling one child: the thought of having to do more than one at once is overwhelming). I love learning so much that I'd probably be as interested as the kid (at least, I hope the kid would be interested.)  :)

I currently homeschool our two oldest (16 and 11), and it's really not that bad. The 16-year-old is pretty independent, so aside from occasional discussion of historical events, literary works, or help with Latin translations, she pretty much takes her assignments and does them on her own. The 11-year-old requires a bit more hands-on teaching, but I give her a list of things to do before I go to work, and my wife just makes sure she stays on task throughout the day.

I don't think I would be able to handle a third simultaneously, though, unless I was a stay-at-home dad. Fortunately, our two youngest are a few years off from starting schooling, and they're Irish twins, so I'm going to start them at the same time, which will make curriculum planning a lot simpler!

I have four this year, plus the pre-schooler, toddler, and baby.  It's incredibly over-whelming.  I really enjoy teaching and learning with each individual child, but it's only by the grace of God that I am able to manage all of them at once.  There's lots of organized chaos going on  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette, Lynne, Christe Eleison

Offline rbjmartin

• Wachtmeister
Re: Wheelock is overrated
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:14 AM »
Wow! I can't imagine!

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette