Author Topic: Our wedding video (TLM, Cebu Cathedral)  (Read 8070 times)

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Vizekorporal
    • Pope Paul VI's Survival and The Secret of Fatima
Re: Our wedding video (TLM, Cebu Cathedral)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
My intention is that we all repent from our sins.
“Come out of her, my people, that you may not be involved in her guilt, nor share the plagues that fall upon her. Her guilt mounts up to heaven; the Lord has kept her sins in remembrance”  (Apocalypse XVIII. 4-6).

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »

Perhaps then you should repent from your lack of charity.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:18 PM »
Perhaps then you should repent from your lack of charity.

There is no greater charity than to urge the sinner to conversion. The pride of this world ends, but the chastisements of hell never end.

In the beginning of my conversion, I used to read spiritual books, and I was very sad when I read that so many souls got damned. I thought "if it is so hard to please God, how can I be saved?" One day I was terribly assailed by the devil, and I wondered whether God had forgiven me my sins, since I had been a great sinner. Then I heard in the intellect, in my own language "Dieu est bon" (God is good/merciful): I received this locution from Our Lord Jesus Christ, who had taken pity of me. And now, I know that if so many people get damned, it is not because Our Lord is too much severe, but because people do not make any efforts to be saved. They are able to make great sacrifices for their work and for wordly purposes, but when it comes to salvation, it is much different. For instance, why do so many women dress immodestly? When I go to Mass, why do I see so many women dressed immodestly? Is it so complicated to wear a decent dress? What Our Lord asks us to do is simple...
“Come out of her, my people, that you may not be involved in her guilt, nor share the plagues that fall upon her. Her guilt mounts up to heaven; the Lord has kept her sins in remembrance”  (Apocalypse XVIII. 4-6).

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
If you were truly motivated by charity, I would have expected you to follow the traditional guidelines for fraternal correction.  That means you would have contacted this alleged "sinner" privately rather than publicly embarrassing her. 

There is also a question about whether anything in that video actually qualifies as being objectively immodest.  As far as I can tell, it would meet the majority of Catholics' standards.  Personally, I thought the bride appeared both beautiful and modest. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:10:19 PM by Jayne »

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Penelope, Heinrich, martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
If you were truly motivated by charity, I would have expected you to follow the traditional guidelines for fraternal correction.  That means you would have contacted this alleged "sinner" privately rather than publicly embarrassing her. 

There is also a question about whether anything in that video actually qualifies as being objectively immodest.  As far as I can tell, it would meet the majority of Catholics' standards.  Personally, I thought the bride appeared both beautiful and modest.
Exactly. I went through the video just to see if there is anything immodest that would corroborate J-B's allegations. I personally have been inspired when I watched it first and there is nothing immodest as far as I am concerned. Jean-Baptiste, with all due respect, I think you are the problem and not the video. If you see sex in every elbow, leg and neckline then you should avoid them and consult a priest. Have you even took the advice of some members to seek spiritual help and counsel. You were banned for this once I believe and you still go around and drop your bombs. Some may not appreciate it I think.
PS: also it is the priest's job to let the parishioners know how to dress modestly. Keep that in mind.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »

Historically, this is a modest dress. 

As to the bolded, then you can't get the satisfaction of chastising and everyone knowing it!

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

The following users thanked this post: Penelope, The Harlequin King, Jayne, martin88nyc

Offline The Harlequin King

• Feldwebel
    • Modern Medievalism
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »

As to the bolded, then you can't get the satisfaction of chastising and everyone knowing it!

Pretty much.

Anyway, this is great. It does remind me, unfortunately, of how the guy who was supposed to video tape my wife's and my wedding was a no-show. At least I got my money's worth out of the photographer and then some, as some of you have already seen.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
As far as I can tell, it would meet the majority of Catholics' standards.  Personally, I thought the bride appeared both beautiful and modest. 

Yes, that is why many theologians taught that the majority of Catholics go to hell.

Such dress is objectively condemned by the Holy See. What sort of Catholics you American guys are? Even in my French chapel most men agree with me when I tell them that several women have an immodest dress.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:41:59 PM by Jean-Baptiste »

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
As far as I can tell, it would meet the majority of Catholics' standards.  Personally, I thought the bride appeared both beautiful and modest. 

Yes, that is why many theologians taught that the majority of Catholics go to hell.
If someone has a disordered sexual desires and gets aroused very easily then even modesty won't save them from their deep seated sexual or emotional problems. If you think that a considerable number of man/woman sin mortally in the above video by looking at skin and legs then wow sorry mate but you are just wrong and it is you who needs to be reprimanded and not the other way around.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »

Such dress is objectively condemned by the Holy See. What sort of Catholics you American guys are? Even in my French chapel most men agree with me when I tell them that several women have an immodest dress.

What exactly about that wedding dress is condemned by the Holy See?  I have read everything I can find about Church teaching on modesty and I cannot even guess what your objection is.

It would probably benefit you to pay more attention to your own sins and stop worrying about how women dress.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline Kaesekopf

• Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »

Uptight Frenchmen? 

What kind of Frenchies do you hang around with? 

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline BethTherese

• Hellebardier
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2017, 07:58:41 PM »

I think that once in your past, perhaps you've been so exposed to lewdness and impurity that you've mistaken almost everything now for immodesty.
As a woman myself, I would say that she was beautiful and not even a bit I see something that even a saintly man would disapprove about her wedding dress.

Also, you must be reminded that your scrupulosity is almost similar to arrogance. If you really care that the bride wears something immodest, isn't it but proper to correct in a fraternal way rather than making such an uncharitable remark? Remember that it is charity that covers multitudes of sins and not just merely repentance, and especially not self righteousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Penelope, Jayne, Lynne, martin88nyc

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
Immodest dress.

You are a shameful sepulcher. Had you truly cared for my spiritual being and wanted to offer fraternal charity, you'd do so the proper way, in private, with true concern. No, you want to toot your horn and make it apparent to all men that you are holier than me, that my wife somehow led others to sin, and that we are inferior to you.

Je m'en fiche, Sainte-Nitouche.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 03:06:25 AM »
If you think that a dress which uncovers half of the back is modest, then I can do nothing to help you.
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/morality/modesty/dress.htm :

On January 12, 1930, the Sacred Congregation of the Council, by mandate of Pope Pius XI, issued emphatic instructions on modesty of dress to all bishops, directing them to insist on these prescriptions: "We recall that a dress cannot be called decent which is cut deeper than two fingers breadth under the pit of the throat, which does not cover the arms at least to the elbows, and scarcely reaches a bit beyond the knee. Furthermore, dresses of transparent material are improper. "Let parents keep their daughters away from public gymnastic games and contests; but, if their daughters are compelled to attend such exhibitions, let them see to it that they are fully and modestly dressed. Let them never permit their daughters to don immodest garb."

Before the madness of Vatican II, you could not enter a Church in Europe with uncovered arms. And even up to the 80s, in some Churches it was still possible to see a man waiting at the door of the Church, and he did not let in any person improperly dressed.

In the present case, not only the bride was dressed immodestly, but several other women.

If I were a priest - and I may become one - I would not celebrate the wedding of any faithful dressed that way, and I would refuse Communion to all those shameful women who dress immodestly.