Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Good to have you.
Re:  "living in America now."   Where is your home country or previous home?

Originally from Scotland, was living in Ireland for the past couple of years, now living in the absolute frozen tundra of up state New York.
My cousin lives in Scottish highlands with his wife and child. His favorite movie was Braveheart and now he gets to live in Scottish highlands. Isn't this awesome.
Welcome!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:17:14 PM by martin88nyc »
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette, Carleendiane

Offline LausTibiChriste

• #ImpeachFrancis2020
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • sip sip
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »
Welcome  :beer:
‎"Traditionalists are some of the worst modernists on the planet"
     -Fr. Chad Ripperger

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
     -Wayne Gretzky
          -Michael Scott

Offline PerEvangelicaDicta

• Contemplare et contemplata aliis tradere
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »
Welcome, friend.

Ireland is glorious.  I didn't want to leave.  I could easily live out my days there, tucked away in Donegal somewhere.  Scotland / Ireland is quite different than upstate NY, amen.  Really nice people in upstate though. Salt of the earth types, like the midwest, the south, and believe it or not, the Philly/S Jersey area.

Btw, a new Smurf movie "The Lost Village" in theaters March 31.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Offline Jon Paul

• Hellebardier
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
Thank you all again for the welcomes!

My cousin lives in Scottish highlands with his wife and child. His favorite movie was Braveheart and now he gets to live in Scottish highlands. Isn't this awesome.
Welcome!

Thankfully the watching of Braveheart is a rite of passage for my family-in-law, so there are never opportunities lacking for watching it!

Welcome, friend.

Ireland is glorious.  I didn't want to leave.  I could easily live out my days there, tucked away in Donegal somewhere.  Scotland / Ireland is quite different than upstate NY, amen.  Really nice people in upstate though. Salt of the earth types, like the midwest, the south, and believe it or not, the Philly/S Jersey area.

Btw, a new Smurf movie "The Lost Village" in theaters March 31.

My heart broke when I left Ireland for the States, but for now it is God's will that I be here and not there, as God is ordering all things for the salvation of my soul.  Hopefully I'll be back in Ireland come next year, for now, I live with the snows.  The people here aren't a bad sorts, right enough.  I simply feel very socially constricted around them.  Often, people simply can't understand my accent, and I have absolutely no intention of making it easier for people to do so.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, Lynne