Author Topic: Could some of you please point out to me why Michael Voris is no good?  (Read 750 times)

Offline Armor of Light

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • The Real Deal
  • Religion: Really...how many are there?
I listen to his commentary sometimes, but am not familiar with anything older than a year.
Repentant homo..yes. I don't see or hear a problem with that. I fully understand he is trying to run a business, and to that end, a bit hyperbolic. I don't see where he is "wrong" though.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas Kempis

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
Re: Could some of you please point out to me why Michael Voris is no good?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:38:15 PM »
The antagonism to Michael Voris comes from the fact that he has been anti-SSPX, anti-traditional in general. He was more of a "Wanderer" Catholic, willing to criticize local bishops, but not to examine where it comes from at the top. Apparently that may be changing now, as it is for many others.

The following users thanked this post: Larry, GeorgeB

Offline GeorgeB

• Hellebardier
  • Oh, stuff and fluff!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »
The antagonism to Michael Voris comes from the fact that he has been anti-SSPX, anti-traditional in general. He was more of a "Wanderer" Catholic, willing to criticize local bishops, but not to examine where it comes from at the top. Apparently that may be changing now, as it is for many others.

Well said.

To which one might add:

1. his current criticism of Francis seems to be based entirely on the sexual abuse cover-up (the rather effeminate "#CatholicMeToo" stuff); he is still unwilling to call him out for his doctrinal errors and deviations.

2. if one believes E. Michael Jones, he has strong associations (if not formal ties) with Opus Dei, a dubious organization at the best of times.

3. his "self-outing" amid allegations that he was going to be outed by the hierarchy came off as a publicity stunt, especially when he could produce no evidence in support of the same

4. his "Lenten Luxury Cruise" venture (luxury cruise during Lent? really?) is worthy of a Novus Ordo liberal clique of "nuns"

5. he launched (or tried to launch) an apostolate (not sure about the exact details) dedicated to forming young men - thereby placing himself in a near occasion of sin.

All in all, I've generally found him too "campy" and given to fratricidal fire to be a trustworthy ally of Tradition.

Offline christulsa

• Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Kung Fu
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
His clash with the Remnant symbolizes his clash with trads.

The Nicholson Fiasco.

The wig (?).

His talk on Tulsa on religious liberty was an affront to the traditionalists in attendance.

But Christine Niles is cute, my wife won't my me saying.

And it is the de facto Catholic WikiLeaks of the Church.
So it is relatively an important work.  Bishop Gracida supports it.

PS I've assumed Greg's place as King of the Mountain until Jayne and then Greg post again.  Or someone knocks me from the top.  8) :cheeseheadbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Larry, Christe Eleison

Offline Vetus Ordo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: The Way
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 05:38:10 PM »
Repentant homo..yes.

Repentant homos shouldn't have that sort of public exposure. Or assume any role of authority. That's the bottom line.

If you've been shagging other men for decades, it means you've been especially rotten in the moral scale. Basically, you've been worthless scum. If, by the grace of God, you have truly repented of it and turned your back to those sins, then dedicate the remainder of your time on earth to make amends out of public spotlight. Sadly, you'll never project the moral integrity necessary to lead and counsel people spiritually, as Voris wants to. He'll always be seen as homo, no matter what he does. Tough? Yes, but true.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Larry, PerEvangelicaDicta, GeorgeB

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »
Does Voris really wear a wig?  I always just thought he combed and dyed his hair in a very ugly way.  But, that ugly could just be the result of it being fake. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Optatus

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
2. if one believes E. Michael Jones, he has strong associations (if not formal ties) with Opus Dei, a dubious organization at the best of times.

Was this in Jones' pamphlet on Voris? I don't remember this being mentioned.

Anyway, interesting if true because I know Jones has locked horns with Randy Engel over at AKA Catholic. She's adamant that Jones has a Opus Dei connection himself.

Offline Reader

• Hellebardier
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »
His clash with the Remnant symbolizes his clash with trads.

The Nicholson Fiasco.

The wig (?).

His talk on Tulsa on religious liberty was an affront to the traditionalists in attendance.

But Christine Niles is cute, my wife won't my me saying.

And it is the de facto Catholic WikiLeaks of the Church.
So it is relatively an important work.  Bishop Gracida supports it.

PS I've assumed Greg's place as King of the Mountain until Jayne and then Greg post again.  Or someone knocks me from the top.  8) :cheeseheadbeer:

:rofl:

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »
I used to find Voris very edifying, until I began to attend the SSPX...and realized his outfit bashed them....and refused to call out the pope.  Just did not sit right with me.  Too much pray, pay and obey for my liking.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The following users thanked this post: GeorgeB

Offline dymphnaw

• Korporal
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
Michael Voris was pretty nasty to traditionalists for years. He's never gone back in that to my knowledge. If E. Michael Jones is right then CMTs financial set up is cause for alarm. His young men's group is a super bad idea and yes, his hair doesn't move. It's a frosted helmet. He comes off as silly.

The following users thanked this post: GeorgeB