"Massive DDoS attack" this morning

Started by PerEvangelicaDicta, October 21, 2016, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

It appears Dyn has corrected the outages now, concentrated primarily in the NE USA. 
Anyone affected?

Very impressive outage map:

Massive DDoS Attack Against Dyn DNS Causes Major Outages to Popular Sites
http://thehackernews.com/2016/10/dyn-dns-ddos.html
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

GloriaPatri

I'' in NC at the moment, and I'm still having trouble with some sites over here. Went to check Twitter to see if any of the accounts I follow had an eta for when their sites would be back up, but alas even Twitter is still down

Clarence Creedwater

Paradoxically, the calm before the storm.
"Now when [the Pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
        - St. Francis de Sales, "The Catholic Controversy"

"When you start messin' with dat "truth" stuff, yer playin' with fire alright."
        - Kingfish (from Amos & Andy)

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19