Author Topic: Indexing in the Kindle  (Read 602 times)

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Indexing in the Kindle
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:41 AM »
One downside of some Kindle books (eg Randy Engel's multi-volume  Kindle Rite of Sodomy) from smaller or private publishers is the lack of indexing. Search was therefore impossible. Now just click the magnifying glass and it will index the book. This wasn't a feature before, or one not easily accessible. Now I can easily read Ms Engel's efficient account of the pretended conservative, and ally of FDR, Cardinal Spellman. I got those books a while back, but the lack of indexing (or any obvious way to enable it) made them hard to use.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
Re: Indexing in the Kindle
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »
Whoa! I'm sure I have a book or two that needed an index.

Thanks!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Indexing in the Kindle
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:16:01 AM »
I have a few that will benefit from this, thank you!!!
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful