Author Topic: Tech savy for iPhone and safari....  (Read 701 times)

Offline angelcookie

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
Tech savy for iPhone and safari....
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »
On iPhone, when I bring up a page such as Amazon, then close it out and bring up another page such as sucipe domine, when I hit home key, the Amazon page still shows as if I'm on it when I'd already closed it out completely. Or say I closed the suscipe domine page and am now looking at recipes or nothing.... but then press the button to see what's running and the SD website shows. Is this lag normal? Is this from using wifi? Attached is a screenshot pic of a site I'd clicked off but then still shows running. When I go back into safari it's not there (except for the history page of course.) Why does this happen?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:18:36 PM by angelcookie »

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Tech savy for iPhone and safari....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
iOS is different, but if I close out of something in a browser or app, it still runs in the background. Hitting home shows that all those things are running, and at least draining battery life. You just to specifically close down a browser window, selecting it and swiping on my peasant Android phone.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Re: Tech savy for iPhone and safari....
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
When you press the home button, you're sending that app to the background.  Apps are supposed to save a snapshot of themselves so that when you go into the app switcher they load a lot faster (because it's just showing you a saved image of the app).  For whatever reason, some people find that certain apps don't update the thumbnail properly.

Was this set up as a brand new phone, or did you migrate settings over from an old iPhone?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.