Author Topic: Chrome ignoring strong/bold fonts?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Chrome ignoring strong/bold fonts?
« on: June 19, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »
Has anyone else noticed Chrome ignoring the <strong> tag?  That seems to be what SD uses for bold thread titles, etc.  Here's what I mean:

Chrome:

Firefox:

I've tried different fonts, no help.  I've been getting sick of this memory hog of a browser for other reasons lately, but the OCD side of me might drop it entirely for this transgression.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Chrome ignoring strong/bold fonts?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:11:48 AM »
I'm using Chrome Version 51.0.2704.103 m on Windows 10 and I see the bold font...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »
Yeah this could just be derpy Chrome on OSX.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 05:39:47 PM »
I'm using chrome and see the bold font...  .
The heavens shew forth the glory of God, and the firmament declareth the work of his hands.