A Beautiful Ending

Started by Spooky, October 17, 2015, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

To a crazy game.

Michigan State stuns Michigan with final-play fumble return
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Jalen Watts-Jackson grabbed a flubbed punt and lumbered 38 yards into the end zone for a touchdown on the final play of the game, giving No. 7 Michigan State a shocking 27-23 win over No. 12 Michigan in one of college football's most unlikely endings.
See the final play here:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400763542

#SpartansWill

Spooky

The guy who scored the TD for State, Jalen Watts-Jackson, hurt his hip (broken or dislocated); possibly in the celebratory dogpile.

Here's a gif of the touchdown. It doesn't show the celebration though.

I could watch this all day  :popcorn:

Kaesekopf

I don't think that the poor punter ever had a chance - even if he did catch it right.  :/
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Don't matter. Ain't no team gonna beat them Buckeyes!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dymphna17

This must have just been a really good night for football.  The Oklahoma Sooners blew the K-State cats out of the water at 55-0!  Victory beer for everyone!!   :beer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Spooky

This is why I despise Wolverine fans. Aside from their complete doucheyness (vandalizing not just "Sparty" but also Magic Johnson's statue) there's this:

Michigan Punter Blake O'Neill Getting Death Threats, Suicide Suggestions On Social Media

Here we go again. A college athlete makes a crucial mistake in a football game and all of a sudden, he has to worry about his safety. Michigan punter Blake O'Neill is currently getting blasted on social media after botching a punt on the final play of his team's game against Michigan State, which led to the Spartans' game-winning touchdown.

O'Neill is getting death threats and suicide suggestions. Ironically, fans were singing his praises after an 80-yard punt earlier in the day.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan-state-big-ten/michigan-punter-blake-oneill-getting-death-threats-suicide-suggestions-on-social-media

Heinrich

Your unladyness is upsetting. There are better ways to voice displeasure.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Spooky

Quote from: Heinrich on October 17, 2015, 08:48:39 PM

What the  :censor: are you talking about?

Jayne

Quote from: Spooky on October 17, 2015, 08:55:19 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 17, 2015, 08:48:39 PM

What the  :censor: are you talking about?

There is no pleasing some people.  He complains about the way that I talk too.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.