Author Topic: Which Voices are Included in Kindle Fire's TTS?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Which Voices are Included in Kindle Fire's TTS?
« on: September 20, 2015, 09:24:30 PM »
I'm starting to re-think my text-to-speech plan now that Amazon is set to release their $50 kindle fire with expandable memory.  Formerly the plan was to buy a copy of TextAloud for the desktop, so that I could have access to the excellent Ivona voices. Now I'm leaning toward portability. I've searched for a list of the Ivona voices available for the Kindle Fire (either preloaded or available for download through Settings, but can't find anything. Can anybody fill me in? I'm really excited about this, since I love listening to books via TTS while I do other things, and the plugin for kindle for PC isn't the greatest. Ivona voices are the best available, from what I've seen. 😊
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
Re: Which Voices are Included in Kindle Fire's TTS?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
Wait, somebody here has a Kindle Fire, right? :lol:
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
Wait, somebody here has a Kindle Fire, right? :lol:

I have a Kindle Fire. I've never tried its TTS function. I will try it later and let you know...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline Lynne

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Ugh. I doublethink you get to choose voices. I listened to Girl on  a Train for about a minute. It was a robotic female voice.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette

Offline Lynne

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »
*don't

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »
Ugh. I doublethink you get to choose voices. I listened to Girl on  a Train for about a minute. It was a robotic female voice.

Can I ask which generation of Fire you have? I know they expanded the voice options at one point...

Offline Lynne

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »

Can I ask which generation of Fire you have? I know they expanded the voice options at one point...

I think it's the second generation? I've had it for almost 3 years...

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:04:17 PM »

I think it's the second generation? I've had it for almost 3 years...

Gotcha. :toth: