Author Topic: FS Stripping of the Altars [ebay]  (Read 854 times)

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
FS Stripping of the Altars [ebay]
« on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stripping-of-the-Altars-Traditional-Catholic-Book-/281776896499?hash=item419b3639f3

eBay seller has "Stripping of the Altars" for sale by Duffy with a start of $7 (no bids yet).
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: FS Stripping of the Altars [ebay]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 04:20:36 PM »
Great book I might say. I have it myself in paperback, although I cannot find it now.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: FS Stripping of the Altars [ebay]
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
You know, I'm tempted to buy this, but I get so...um...upset reading about the Reformation that I don't think it would be good for me. :/ The snippet that I read on Amazon about the changes being forced upon the people from higher up, rather than brought about by the people's will, reminded me of an anecdote that an old priest told me, about when he turned the altar around and people were telling him that they didn't want to worship like Protestants. He basically told them, that was the way it was now.:rolleyes:
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."