Author Topic: FS: Fr. Lasance, The Sunday Missal, 1936  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
FS: Fr. Lasance, The Sunday Missal, 1936
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »
The Sunday Missal by Fr. Lasance, copyright and imprimatur 1936. Includes illustrated section describing the altar, sanctuary, articles used in Mass, and vestments. Ordinary of the Mass includes illustrations of the actions of the priest at principal parts of the Mass. Includes Masses for Holy Days and principal Feasts. The feasts Ascension, Immaculate Conception, and Assumption also have full-page illustrations. All illustrations are in black and white. Pages are in excellent condition, with a few folded corners here and there. Binding is tight and sound. The cover is a sort of sturdy flex-cover: very durable, but with creases from years of use. Apparently the former owner held the missal near the middle of the covers while reading it, and didn't mind bending them. The red edges of the pages are faded. Asking $40 + shipping. Pictures available on request.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:14:24 PM by Bernadette »
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
Re: FS: Fr. Lasance, The Sunday Missal, 1936
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
Pics:

"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline RealPresents

• Hellebardier
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »
Sold to RP.  Do you have any more?

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
Nice item.

Don't want to start a thread, so I put in a vaguely related.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00JPEJCYC/ref=acr_search_see_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The reviewer gives it one star, but the thing is a Pius V missal, so obviously cannot be that useful with a 1962 Mass. We need a facepalm emote for that one star review. I suspect it will be pretty decent. I got it now. It's only shortfall is that I'm not great at navigating Kindle books, although I have had mine for a while.

It has problems now I downloaded it. It seems to be an Internet Archive scan and was not proofread too closely.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »
Nice item.

Don't want to start a thread, so I put in a vaguely related.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00JPEJCYC/ref=acr_search_see_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The reviewer gives it one star, but the thing is a Pius V missal, so obviously cannot be that useful with a 1962 Mass. We need a facepalm emote for that one star review. I suspect it will be pretty decent. I got it now. It's only shortfall is that I'm not great at navigating Kindle books, although I have had mine for a while.

It has problems now I downloaded it. It seems to be an Internet Archive scan and was not proofread too closely.

This isn't a place for discussions. I started a new thread here... http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=10961.0
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »
Sold to RP.  Do you have any more?

Why, yes!  ;D I listed the St. Andrew Daily Missal: Regular Edition today, too. I'll mail this one out to you tomorrow.

Offline RealPresents

• Hellebardier
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »
Will take the St. Andrew as well, if still available...

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
Sold to you. :) Are you interested in children's missals, too? I just listed one, along with Gueranger's The Holy Mass in a separate thread (religious books)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:46:57 PM by Bernadette »

Offline RealPresents

• Hellebardier
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »
Thank-you kindly!  I do have a decent copy of Gueranger's Holy Mass, and my children will share the 2 missals and the one you sent previously, so we are all set...the C.S Lewis' Complete Letters was tempting, but I have much of them in other volumes...