Author Topic: Traditional Catholism for Dummies?  (Read 22660 times)

Offline Call me Horse

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: RCC
Re: Traditional Catholism for Dummies?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2018, 01:50:08 AM »
I have 2 questions.....firstly, how does one respond to dinosaur bones and other fossils...I have answered in the past that it shows us that God has a sense of humor but I suspect this is not the definitive answer.

The second....when  Jesus rose from the dead and pottered about for 40 days before ascending to heaven .....what did He do? The latte cafe scene wasn't about then, so what did He do, do we have any insight into this at all.

It looks as if I am awake at appalling hours, but really it is Monday 1750hrs where I live.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:51:50 AM by Call me Horse »

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2018, 06:42:50 AM »
2nd  He healed, preached and loved.
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

The following users thanked this post: Call me Horse

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »
Horse,
 re. Dinosaur bones etc. The animals definitely existed. God created all the creatures on Earth, animals and life for that matter, does not arise from 'randomness' but from a creator with a definite plan and an end in mind.
Jesus after His resurrection, could have spent some of the time in Heaven, as He had no barrier to going there and coming back to Earth. No Latte bars, definitely.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Call me Horse