1st class relic- What should I do with it?

Started by CamelliaSinensis, May 11, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CamelliaSinensis

Years ago, when i had been on ebay, I had seen a few people "selling" legit 2nd class relics. I was worried these relics would be lost again and fall into bad hands, so I obtained them and have them in a reliquary chest on my home altar.(I know now you shouldn't encourage them to sell relics, but i didn't want to see holy objects lost.) One of them intrigued me because it appeared to be very special. It is an oval theca that is sealed with red thread and wax. The inside is adorned with a crown of gilt silver flowers and in the center is a star with what appears to be petrified bone. A guilded inscription under it states "S. Clementis   M. " My guess is that it is a 1st class relic of St Clement of Rome? It appears that it is an old relic in a newer theca. I really don't know what to do with it. Should i give it to my FSSP priest?

Bernadette

That's what I would do- or at least ask his advice.
My Lord and my God.

Recovering NOer

CamelliaSinensis

Quote from: Recovering NOer on May 11, 2014, 08:42:34 PM
How do you know they're legit?
2 are folded parchments. One is wood from St Konrad of Parzham's original coffin and has the vice postulator's seal enclosing it. The other is Blessed Petrus Donder's original coffin wood with the shield bearing a galero sealing it on the back. (I haven't figured who the shield is. It's a green galero.)

The theca.