Author Topic: 40 Days with Our Lord  (Read 147 times)

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
40 Days with Our Lord
« on: March 06, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »
This thread could be used for any posts regarding Lent, but in particular I wanted to recommend subscribing to Tan Book's (free) 40 Days with Our Lord series.  It includes  meditations  (video, text, and audible) that will be emailed to you every day in Lent. You can subscribe from https://lent.tanbooks.com/

The meditations are brief, but (based on day 1) appear to be quite good. They include a short video narrated by Paul Thigpen (see https://www.amazon.com/Manual-Spiritual-Warfare-Paul-Thigpen/dp/1618906534/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=thigpen&qid=1551910263&s=gateway&sr=8-1:), a short audio reading from Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich or Venerable Maria of Agreda, and a written meditation (although I just noticed it is the same as what is in the video).

You can click on "Daily Meditations" at the top of the web page to see at least one day of the series of meditations (they have emailed me the first day).

Suggestion: view the meditations "full page".

Firefox's standard full page view doesn't hide the menu bar and the tabs, so I installed this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fullscreen_plus/. Now I can press Ctrl-Shift-F to enter full screen and escape to exit. Worked pretty well for me (firefox quantum) . (It also works for SD if  you stay on the same web page page)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:30:41 PM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Xavier

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Re: 40 Days with Our Lord
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 07:44:04 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:52:36 PM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Pon de Replay

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Re: 40 Days with Our Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
Pon de Replay, did you catch that?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:54:36 PM by Non Nobis »