Author Topic: Mass question  (Read 239 times)

Offline Jman123

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Mass question
« on: February 27, 2019, 09:54:21 PM »
I know everything about how Novus Ordo is deficient. I have a desire to receive communion extra times during week so before i go to work i go to a daily morning NO Mass to receive communion. It helps me fight sins. If i had a trad church with daily Mass, i would go there. I hope God doesnt hold it against me for receiving during week in Novus Ordo. I receive in my sspx church on weekends.  They dont have Daily Mass. Any thoughts?

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Mass question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 10:10:06 PM »
Keep doing what you are doing.

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Elizabeth, Xavier, Josephine87, carmina laetitiae

Offline Flick

• Hellebardier
Re: Mass question
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 02:01:25 PM »
Most importantly, God will not hold this against you.  If you think this practice benefits you then fine. 

I do not attend any NO liturgy unless it is for a funeral or wedding and I do not receive communion.  When I have attended these functions everyone: people know to not attend church, non-Catholics, non-married couples, get on line.  This in not how I choose to worship.

I do utilize my local former church for Stations of the Cross, novena, and at other times when I wish to make a visit.  Fortunately the church has retained its original character, even the altar rail, so when I am in the church I can meditate.  This is the church of my baptism, schooling, conformation, marriage and funerals of all my and my wife’s family—so I feel at “home”.   

It is a personal decision; what I do should not reflect on you.

God bless
“. . . we will jealously protect the small but still burning candle of our traditional Catholic Faith, and patiently carry on our spiritual Resistance movement without the hoped-for papal approval.” Fr. Gommar A. DePauw, August 15, 1967, Letter to Paul VI, www.latinmass-ctm.org/pub/archive.htm.

The following users thanked this post: Elizabeth, Xavier