Author Topic: Nine First Wednesdays dedicated to St. Joseph.  (Read 353 times)

Offline Xavier

• We Adore You O Christ. And we Praise You. Because by Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed the World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
Nine First Wednesdays dedicated to St. Joseph.
« on: July 30, 2018, 07:30:33 AM »
August 1st will be a Wednesday, the First Wednesdays of the Month. Wednesdays in a special way are dedicated to St. Joseph, and First Wednesdays are consecrated to renewing our devotion to this holy Patriarch. St. Joseph is a powerful patron of a happy death, of a holy life, and of countless favors, even the most difficult ones, or those deemed impossible to obtain. It would be good to renew our devotion to St. Joseph this coming month by this devotion. http://www.catholictradition.org/Joseph/joseph5.htm

"The Practice of the Nine First Wednesdays
A Devotion Promulgated by the Pious Union of St. Joseph

Every Wednesday is dedicated in a special way to St. Joseph. Make the Nine First Wednesdays [in a manner similar to the Nine First Fridays of the Sacred Heart] in honor of St. Joseph for a happy death, for yourself and your dear ones. As charity is one of the best ways to be worthy of the grace of a happy death, offer your First Wednesday Mass and Communion and devotions in honor of St. Joseph in a special way for the salvation of the dying, most especially for an undying sinner who is to lose his soul without the grace of final repentance.

Our Lord permits St. Joseph to take from His Divine treasury with full hands in order to give souls the treasures of Divine grace and mercy, like Joseph, the son of Jacob, who took corn from the granaries of the King of Egypt to feed his brethren and all who had recourse to him. From the heights of Heaven, the King of Glory speaks to us the same words as Pharao spoke to the starving people of Egypt: "Go to Joseph."

The Go to Joseph Prayers

I
In the miseries of this vale of tears, to whom shall we have recourse, O blessed Joseph, if not to thee, to whom thy beloved spouse Mary entrusted all her rich treasures, that thou might keep them to our advantage? "go to my spouse, Joseph," Mary seems to say to us, "and he will comfort you, he will deliver you from the misfortunes which now oppress you and will make you happy and contented" Have pity on us, therefore, O St. Joseph; have pity on us through that love which thou didst cherish toward a spouse so worthy and amiable.

Our Father ... Hail Mary ... Glory Be ...

II
We are fully conscious that we have offended the justice of God by our sins and deserve His most severe chastisements. Not what shall be our place of refuge? "go to Joseph," Jesus seems to say to us; "Go to Joseph, in whom I was well pleased and whom I had for My foster father. To him, as to a father, I have communicated all power, that he may use it for your good according to his own desire." Pity us, therefore, O blessed Joseph, pity us, for the great love thou didst bear toward a Son so admirable and so dear.

III
Unhappily the sins we have committed call down upon the heaviest scourges: this we must confess. In what ark shall we take refuge in order to be saved? Where shall we find the blessed rainbow that shall give us comfort and hope in the midst of our afflictions? "Go to Joseph," the Eternal father seems to say to us: "Go to him who took My place on earth with regard to My Son made man. I entrusted to his keeping My Son, who is the unfailing source of grace; therefore, every grace is in his hands." Pity us, then, dear St. Joseph, pity us by thy great love for Almighty God, Who has been so generous to thee.
Please listen to the frequent messages and take heed of the directions given from Our Living Lord and Our Loving Lady from around the world here: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/ Great things are at stake. Please consecrate your life to the Blessed Mother so that the Kingdom of God may come, "Ad Sanctam Trinitatem per Mariam, Ut adveniat Regnum Deum, adveniat Regnum Mariae, ergo TOTUS TUUS ego sum, MARIA" See http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's amazing promises in the link: A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. The Doctors and Apostles say if we save even just one other soul through prayer and sacrifice, we also ensure the salvation of our own! Let us Offer our Lives in Sacrifice to Jesus and Mary Today, to save, if it were possible, all souls everywhere.

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta, Christe Eleison

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Nine First Wednesdays dedicated to St. Joseph.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
Someone should do me a big solid and bump this each month.

Or I should sticky the three Firsts (Wed, Fri, Sat) to this subforum...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Xavier, Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:03:14 PM »
August 1st will be a Wednesday, the First Wednesdays of the Month. Wednesdays in a special way are dedicated to St. Joseph, and First Wednesdays are consecrated to renewing our devotion to this holy Patriarch. St. Joseph is a powerful patron of a happy death, of a holy life, and of countless favors, even the most difficult ones, or those deemed impossible to obtain. It would be good to renew our devotion to St. Joseph this coming month by this devotion. http://www.catholictradition.org/Joseph/joseph5.htm

"The Practice of the Nine First Wednesdays
A Devotion Promulgated by the Pious Union of St. Joseph

Every Wednesday is dedicated in a special way to St. Joseph. Make the Nine First Wednesdays [in a manner similar to the Nine First Fridays of the Sacred Heart] in honor of St. Joseph for a happy death, for yourself and your dear ones. As charity is one of the best ways to be worthy of the grace of a happy death, offer your First Wednesday Mass and Communion and devotions in honor of St. Joseph in a special way for the salvation of the dying, most especially for an undying sinner who is to lose his soul without the grace of final repentance.

Our Lord permits St. Joseph to take from His Divine treasury with full hands in order to give souls the treasures of Divine grace and mercy, like Joseph, the son of Jacob, who took corn from the granaries of the King of Egypt to feed his brethren and all who had recourse to him. From the heights of Heaven, the King of Glory speaks to us the same words as Pharao spoke to the starving people of Egypt: "Go to Joseph."

The Go to Joseph Prayers

I
In the miseries of this vale of tears, to whom shall we have recourse, O blessed Joseph, if not to thee, to whom thy beloved spouse Mary entrusted all her rich treasures, that thou might keep them to our advantage? "go to my spouse, Joseph," Mary seems to say to us, "and he will comfort you, he will deliver you from the misfortunes which now oppress you and will make you happy and contented" Have pity on us, therefore, O St. Joseph; have pity on us through that love which thou didst cherish toward a spouse so worthy and amiable.

II
We are fully conscious that we have offended the justice of God by our sins and deserve His most severe chastisements. Not what shall be our place of refuge? "go to Joseph," Jesus seems to say to us; "Go to Joseph, in whom I was well pleased and whom I had for My foster father. To him, as to a father, I have communicated all power, that he may use it for your good according to his own desire." Pity us, therefore, O blessed Joseph, pity us, for the great love thou didst bear toward a Son so admirable and so dear.

III
Unhappily the sins we have committed call down upon the heaviest scourges: this we must confess. In what ark shall we take refuge in order to be saved? Where shall we find the blessed rainbow that shall give us comfort and hope in the midst of our afflictions? "Go to Joseph," the Eternal father seems to say to us: "Go to him who took My place on earth with regard to My Son made man. I entrusted to his keeping My Son, who is the unfailing source of grace; therefore, every grace is in his hands." Pity us, then, dear St. Joseph, pity us by thy great love for Almighty God, Who has been so generous to thee.

:pray3: :pray2:

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Xavier

• We Adore You O Christ. And we Praise You. Because by Your Holy Cross, You have Redeemed the World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »
Meditation on the dignity of St. Joseph for First Wednesday:

From St. Leonard of Port Maurice:

https://www.bluearmy.com/great-dignity-st-joseph/

"There is a prophetic figure who embodies the greatness of our saint: According to St. Bernardine, Joseph, son of Jacob the patriarch, represents in the distant past the awe-inspiring prerogatives of Mary’s spouse.
You will remember the extraordinary dream in which the first Joseph saw the sun and the moon and 11 stars bowing down at his feet (Gen. 37:9). This dream was not one of those which a restless imagination conjures up during sleep; rather, it was an ecstatic vision sent to Joseph by God Himself, not only to show the imminent rise in rank of this sleeping youth, but also to point out the future greatness of our saint.
I leave it to you to ponder over the unbelievable destiny of the first Joseph who saw not only his father, his mother and his brothers, but all of Egypt, prostrate at his feet. I will use this to illustrate the great dignity of the second Joseph.
Almighty God, who could ever begin to fathom it! Do you not think Joseph was moved to see Jesus and Mary at his feet, as if they were servants, showing the most loving signs of respect? This is what makes me bold enough to assert that Joseph, in order to become Mary’s spouse, must have been the greatest person to have ever lived, after the Virgin herself. I don’t mean that kind of greatness in which the ambitious boast of their honors to gain the empty respect of men. If you study his lineage you will see that Joseph, not lacking such greatness, could boast of having 14 kings as ancestors, and as many patriarchs and leaders – none of them as great as he despite their scepters and crowns. According to St. Bernardine of Siena, Joseph came from a line of such illustrious nobility, reaching nearly to the heavens and including many prophets and patriarchs, that he was able to bestow earthly nobility on the Word Itself.
However, it is not because of this greatness that Joseph is praised. If he has dignity in himself, it is not because of the greatness of his ancestors. His identity as a carpenter was as dear to him as the title of prince. The royal scepter was not more important to him than the workman’s hammer. His greatness comes above all from his glorious title: “the just one”. This is what pleases him most; for this he will be admired for all time. All Joseph’s glories are summed up in the eulogy: Joseph was a just man (Mt 1:19).
If you really want to understand Joseph’s greatness as “just,” analyze the word itself. It sums up all the virtues and height of Christian perfection. The Holy Father of the Church, St. Maximinus of Turin, tells us the same thing: “Do you wish to know why Joseph is called just? Because he possessed perfectly all the virtues.” What more can one say about a man than to say that he possesses all the virtues to a perfect degree? Is this not the highest praise? And who could compare himself in grandeur to Joseph who deserved this praise? Could Adam who, before the fall, appeared with all the animals subject to him? Could Moses who commanded creatures with his rod? Could Abraham surrounded by his descendants like a sun in the midst of stars? Call to mind Josue stopping the sun at the command of his voice; Solomon seeing queens prostrate before his throne; and you, miracle workers, show us how nature obeys your commands. Realize, however, that all these powers cannot make you equal to St. Joseph. For you received these powers and virtues only in part, while Joseph had them all and to a perfect degree.
Humble yourselves then at his feet, all you prophets, patriarchs, apostles, martyrs, miracle workers, all you great ones of heaven and earth, just as in ancient times the sun and the moon and the stars bowed down to honor the first Joseph."

Please listen to the frequent messages and take heed of the directions given from Our Living Lord and Our Loving Lady from around the world here: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/ Great things are at stake. Please consecrate your life to the Blessed Mother so that the Kingdom of God may come, "Ad Sanctam Trinitatem per Mariam, Ut adveniat Regnum Deum, adveniat Regnum Mariae, ergo TOTUS TUUS ego sum, MARIA" See http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's amazing promises in the link: A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. The Doctors and Apostles say if we save even just one other soul through prayer and sacrifice, we also ensure the salvation of our own! Let us Offer our Lives in Sacrifice to Jesus and Mary Today, to save, if it were possible, all souls everywhere.

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:30:07 AM »
Meditation on the dignity of St. Joseph for First Wednesday:

From St. Leonard of Port Maurice:

https://www.bluearmy.com/great-dignity-st-joseph/

"There is a prophetic figure who embodies the greatness of our saint: According to St. Bernardine, Joseph, son of Jacob the patriarch, represents in the distant past the awe-inspiring prerogatives of Mary’s spouse.
You will remember the extraordinary dream in which the first Joseph saw the sun and the moon and 11 stars bowing down at his feet (Gen. 37:9). This dream was not one of those which a restless imagination conjures up during sleep; rather, it was an ecstatic vision sent to Joseph by God Himself, not only to show the imminent rise in rank of this sleeping youth, but also to point out the future greatness of our saint.
I leave it to you to ponder over the unbelievable destiny of the first Joseph who saw not only his father, his mother and his brothers, but all of Egypt, prostrate at his feet. I will use this to illustrate the great dignity of the second Joseph.
Almighty God, who could ever begin to fathom it! Do you not think Joseph was moved to see Jesus and Mary at his feet, as if they were servants, showing the most loving signs of respect? This is what makes me bold enough to assert that Joseph, in order to become Mary’s spouse, must have been the greatest person to have ever lived, after the Virgin herself. I don’t mean that kind of greatness in which the ambitious boast of their honors to gain the empty respect of men. If you study his lineage you will see that Joseph, not lacking such greatness, could boast of having 14 kings as ancestors, and as many patriarchs and leaders – none of them as great as he despite their scepters and crowns. According to St. Bernardine of Siena, Joseph came from a line of such illustrious nobility, reaching nearly to the heavens and including many prophets and patriarchs, that he was able to bestow earthly nobility on the Word Itself.
However, it is not because of this greatness that Joseph is praised. If he has dignity in himself, it is not because of the greatness of his ancestors. His identity as a carpenter was as dear to him as the title of prince. The royal scepter was not more important to him than the workman’s hammer. His greatness comes above all from his glorious title: “the just one”. This is what pleases him most; for this he will be admired for all time. All Joseph’s glories are summed up in the eulogy: Joseph was a just man (Mt 1:19).
If you really want to understand Joseph’s greatness as “just,” analyze the word itself. It sums up all the virtues and height of Christian perfection. The Holy Father of the Church, St. Maximinus of Turin, tells us the same thing: “Do you wish to know why Joseph is called just? Because he possessed perfectly all the virtues.” What more can one say about a man than to say that he possesses all the virtues to a perfect degree? Is this not the highest praise? And who could compare himself in grandeur to Joseph who deserved this praise? Could Adam who, before the fall, appeared with all the animals subject to him? Could Moses who commanded creatures with his rod? Could Abraham surrounded by his descendants like a sun in the midst of stars? Call to mind Josue stopping the sun at the command of his voice; Solomon seeing queens prostrate before his throne; and you, miracle workers, show us how nature obeys your commands. Realize, however, that all these powers cannot make you equal to St. Joseph. For you received these powers and virtues only in part, while Joseph had them all and to a perfect degree.
Humble yourselves then at his feet, all you prophets, patriarchs, apostles, martyrs, miracle workers, all you great ones of heaven and earth, just as in ancient times the sun and the moon and the stars bowed down to honor the first Joseph."

Thank you, dear Xavier  :thumbsup:

:pray1: :pray2:

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 07:27:53 AM »
Someone should do me a big solid and bump this each month.

Or I should sticky the three Firsts (Wed, Fri, Sat) to this subforum...

Sure. Ash Wednesday this year is also First Wednesday, of March, both dedicated to St. Joseph. May our holy Patriarch and Patron of the Church assist us all in making a good Lent!

Our Lady of America, now approved, was Heaven's confirmation of the First Wednesdays devotion to St. Joseph: "March 30, 1958

As he had promised, St. Joseph came again – accompanied by Jesus and Mary. His requests were similar to those of Our Lady and the First Saturday Devotion. The Sacred Hearts of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph have been chosen by the Most Holy Trinity to bring peace to the world; hence, their request for special love and honor, also, in particular, reparation and imitation.

I am the protector of the Church and the home, as I was the protector of Christ and His Mother while I lived upon earth. Jesus and Mary desire that my pure heart, so long hidden and unknown, be now honored in a special way. Let my children honor my Most Pure Heart in a special manner on the First Wednesday of the month by reciting the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary in memory of my life with Jesus and Mary and the love I bore them, the sorrow I suffered with them. Let them receive Holy Communion in union with the love with which I received the Savior for the first time and each time I held Him in my arms. Those who honor me in this way will be consoled by my presence at their death, and I myself will conduct them safely into the presence of Jesus and Mary. I will come again, little child of my Most Pure Heart. Until then, continue in patience and humility, which is so pleasing to God." http://apostolatestjoseph.com/our-lady-of-america---st-joseph.php

The Go to Joseph prayers are another way of honoring St. Joseph. The Catholic Tradition site mentioned in the OP shows us the spirit of the devotion: "Every Wednesday is dedicated in a special way to St. Joseph. Make the Nine First Wednesdays [in a manner similar to the Nine First Fridays of the Sacred Heart] in honor of St. Joseph for a happy death, for yourself and your dear ones. As charity is one of the best ways to be worthy of the grace of a happy death, offer your First Wednesday Mass and Communion and devotions in honor of St. Joseph in a special way for the salvation of the dying, most especially for an undying sinner who is to lose his soul without the grace of final repentance.