Author Topic: Heading for the Bakken  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Heading for the Bakken
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:54:10 AM »
This was the avatar I remember:

The mid to late 2000s, when all we had to worry about, as Bishop Fellay said, was the perfectly modernist pope. Who whoulda thought 2016 would be here.

The next big "date" will be Fátima, 2017, but I suspect nothing shall happen on that day. Might as well be in a state of grace and ready to go now, instead of waiting for that!

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 07:31:15 PM »
With the market acting up and Russian involvement in Syria (been quiet there lately, the diplomats are obviously involved), I'm at DEFCON 3.  If the Fed goes to QE4 (that will definitely happen by the way), and the effect is short lived, I'll bump up to DEFCON 2.  Same with military matters heating up.  If the Pope is killed (or Ratzinger), or he is declared a formal heretic, I'm going to DEFCON 1.  DEFCON 1 means cleaning out my bank accounts and converting everything to food, ammo, etc...

But right now I'm at DEFCON 3, heightened observation.

DEFCON 2 would be some preps where I don't have to commit.  Pick up some beans and wheat, get some ammo.  Nothing that really sets me back.

DEFCON 1 is full commit.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

The following users thanked this post: dymphna17

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
Applying your analogy/metaphor to the Heinrich household, we have assumed defcon 2.5, viz. more ammo, food prep, and water storage. And a new firearm, with another coming soon. I plan to move into a huge cache of ammo.

Gardener copy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:44:52 PM by Heinrich »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, dymphna17