Author Topic: Spiritual warfare  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Hiero of Syracuse

• Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Spiritual warfare
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
I also reccommend those Auxilium Christianorum prayers. They work pretty well. Though whether I am a holier person than when I first began a week ago is up for debate. Whatever the case may be, I have an easier time fighting off certain temptations and I have a greater hatred (I think) of heresy and sin.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:56:27 PM by Hiero of Syracuse »

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
It was that sermon for sure...if you go to Fr. Ripperger's site (link in my sig) and scrolls down to "Homilies given by Fr. Ripperger in Memphis" and listen to Common Pitfalls of Catholic Parents...the part about Auxilium Christianorum starts at 31:54

I highly recommend Fr Ripperger's sermons...words cannot describe what they've done for my understanding of Traditionalism but most importantly my spiritual life. My old spiritual director used to get annoyed because I'd bring up his sermons about every 2 seconds  ;D

I'm working my way through the whole thing.  I'll probably finish it tomorrow, but it's really good so far.  I have heard him before, on Audio Sancto.  He's amazing.  He's probably one of my favorites on there.

Offline Rube

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »
We have to watch out for falling into the trap where we start to rely on seeing whether the devil is upset to decide whether we did good or not. The devil is the deceiver and could easily then make you think he is angry when he is really pleased.

To keep a well-formed conscience, we should not try to figure out whether surrounding circumstances indicate the devil is pleased or angry. We need to go directly on reason and the teachings of the Faith.

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
It was that sermon for sure...if you go to Fr. Ripperger's site (link in my sig) and scrolls down to "Homilies given by Fr. Ripperger in Memphis" and listen to Common Pitfalls of Catholic Parents...the part about Auxilium Christianorum starts at 31:54

I highly recommend Fr Ripperger's sermons...words cannot describe what they've done for my understanding of Traditionalism but most importantly my spiritual life. My old spiritual director used to get annoyed because I'd bring up his sermons about every 2 seconds  ;D

I'm working my way through the whole thing.  I'll probably finish it tomorrow, but it's really good so far.  I have heard him before, on Audio Sancto.  He's amazing.  He's probably one of my favorites on there.

Just had the chance to finish it.  Excellent sermon.  Also, that sermon I shared with you earlier in this thread about confession is Fr. Ripperger, too.  I thought it sounded like the same priest, and then I saw the confession sermon on his media page.