Dove Bar Tyranny

Started by Alphonsus Jr., April 09, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 11, 2013, 10:29:26 AM
Quote from: RealJayneK on April 11, 2013, 07:21:45 AM
Given the statistics, the odds are very high that some of the people reading your words here are overweight.  So you are "around" people who could take your rude term personally and be hurt or offended by it. 

True. And they're just going to have to live with it. Contrary to today's processing, worse things happen than being offended. Speaking of today's processing, reject the Outrage Imperative.

I am not outraged.  I was pointing out that you fell short of your claim that this is not something you would say around overweight people.

Quote from: RealJayneK on April 11, 2013, 07:21:45 AM
A traditional idea that I would like to see revived is that men guard their speech in mixed company.  There was a time when a gentleman made an effort to speak politely around ladies.  Nobody called it 'Orwellian processing".  It was just good manners.

Another excellent traditional idea for revival involves women knowing their place, which generally excludes their participation in debate or appointment of themselves as cops. Reminder: Reject the Outrage Imperative. The measure of your shock at that statement is a measure of your processing.

Rest assured, Jayne K, the more you and any other women here try to police me, the more "offensive" I'll get. You've stepped into the arena and shall be treated accordingly.

Well you have gone from portraying yourself as a noble champion of the truth, to someone who acts merely to spite others.  The justice of the argument means nothing to you because you cannot bear to be seen as someone who acts at the behest of a woman.

I do not have anything to say to someone like this.  Perhaps a man will tell you to smarten up some day.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

erin is nice

Another excellent traditional idea for revival involves women knowing their place, which generally excludes their participation in debate or appointment of themselves as cops. Reminder: Reject the Outrage Imperative. The measure of your shock at that statement is a measure of your processing.

Rest assured, Jayne K, the more you and any other women here try to police me, the more "offensive" I'll get. You've stepped into the arena and shall be treated accordingly.

I'm pretty sure you won't be around long if you start purposefully trying to offend people. Personally, I won't be offended, I'll just think you're an asshole. My "place" is wherever I feel like being at any given time  :lol:

And again, size is not a moral issue. There are a lot of skinny gluttons out there (like myself). If you think calling women "fatties" is going to get you places in life, I suggest you stay out of the manosphere.

Jayne

Quote from: erin is nice on April 11, 2013, 11:12:40 AM

I'm pretty sure you won't be around long if you start purposefully trying to offend people. Personally, I won't be offended, I'll just think you're an asshole. My "place" is wherever I feel like being at any given time  :lol:

And again, size is not a moral issue. There are a lot of skinny gluttons out there (like myself). If you think calling women "fatties" is going to get you places in life, I suggest you stay out of the manosphere.

There you have it.  If men will not treat women like ladies, they will end up with women like Erin.   ;D

Alphonsus Jr.

Ladies, public debate is a distinctly manly activity. Infinite support could be provided for this assertion, chief among it being the example of the women of the NT.

Yet you've chosen to enter this arena. I, for one, shall treat you accordingly: as men.

Offended? The measure of your offense is the measure of your processing by this age.
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Jayne

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 11, 2013, 11:19:29 AM
Ladies, public debate is a distinctly manly activity. Infinite support could be provided for this assertion, chief among the example of the women of the NT.

Let's see some of this infinite support from Church teaching.

erin is nice

Quote from: RealJayneK on April 11, 2013, 11:18:51 AM
There you have it.  If men will not treat women like ladies, they will end up with women like Erin.   ;D

Free buzz cuts for anyone who wants to join me  :lol:

LouisIX

"Stepped into the arena"?  Are you serious?

Who do you think you are?  It's pretty easy to be Jean Claude Van Damme behind a keyboard but if you really want to look manly why don't you show some of the women around here a little respect?  You don't have to agree with them, but creating some fantasy where people care enough to "police" you is a bit ridiculous, no?

This isn't American Gladiators.  Stop huffing and puffing or people are going to start calling you "Nitro".

Ladies, public debate is a distinctly manly activity. Infinite support could be provided for this assertion, chief among it being the example of the women of the NT.

Yet you've chosen to enter this arena. I, for one, shall treat you accordingly: as men.

Offended? The measure of your offense is the measure of your processing by this age.

Women have as much right to post here as men.  And they should be treated as women.  If you want to be a tough guy and treat them otherwise you won't be around long.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: LouisIX on April 11, 2013, 11:46:50 AM

Quite. Public debate is a distinctly manly activity.

creating some fantasy where people care enough to "police" you is a bit ridiculous, no?

It would be if it weren't clear that they very much care to police me.

Women have as much right to post here as men.  And they should be treated as women. 

Here we see yet more modern processing. It isn't a question of "rights." I don't dispute that they have the "right" to post here. I say that, with few exceptions, the participation of women in public debate is most untraditional. Indeed it's very modern. Very manly. My policy is to treat as men women who act as men. Only then might women return to their place as women. Why do you seek to deprive me of this "right"?
Age, thou art shamed.*

LouisIX

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 11, 2013, 11:56:33 AM

Quite. Public debate is a distinctly manly activity.

creating some fantasy where people care enough to "police" you is a bit ridiculous, no?

It would be if it weren't clear that they very much care to police me.

Women have as much right to post here as men.  And they should be treated as women. 

Here we see yet more modern processing. It isn't a question of rights. I don't dispute that they have the "right" to post here. I say that, with few exceptions, the participation of women in public debate is most untraditional. Indeed it's very modern. Very manly. My policy is to treat as men women who act as men. Only then might women return to their place as women. Why do you seek to deprive me of this "right"?

You've been made aware of the forum rules.  It's up to you whether you want to follow them or not.

Women are allowed to post here and men are allowed to disagree with them so long as they treat them in a gentlemanly manner.  If you can't do so then there will be issue.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: RealJayneK on April 11, 2013, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on April 11, 2013, 09:23:18 AM
So again, I ask, can we please move on?

In my experience, a person who really wants to move on lets the other person have the last word and just drops the subject.  People who write a big post about how they were right and let's please move on, tend to want to "win" the argument.

There is no argument, Jayne. My "long" post, as you put is was intended to treat you with the kid gloves you demand. Now be a nice little kitty, like your avatar depicts, and purr.

But you have no intentions of doing that, because you are really a tigress. A tigress who gnashes her teeth and pines away at the most trivial of things in the hopes that men and women may fly into a rage. That too makes you happy and you feel you have won. Because then we are off the topic of something you wish to censor. For whatever weird reason you do, who knows and who cares?

Again, with you I must reiterate. I had said other things. Specifically, I was most impressed with Alphonsus' dissection of the words used to describe the killing of infants. You responded to none of that, yet you decided to place me in the group who would call overweight people "fatties". 

You attempted to derail the thread. As usual. And of course you insisted on having the last word.

You always do.

I think I addressed your concern in one or two sentences. But, I'm not looking back. I'm moving on. It is possible I was redundant as I am not a very good writer.

It would have been a more pleasant experience if you just called me an idiot who cannot express himself with parsimony, rather than to accuse me of trying to win an argument in which I was not engaged.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: LouisIX on April 11, 2013, 12:01:21 PM
Women are allowed to post here and men are allowed to disagree with them so long as they treat them in a gentlemanly manner. 

Let me see if I've got this straight. Women, while engaging in the distinctly masculine activity of public debate, are yet to be treated chivalrously. In other words, even here we're to act in accord with modern schizophrenia. Okey dokey. I'll henceforth do my best.
Age, thou art shamed.*

Innocent Smith

I think this is brilliant.

And let's set the record straight. I believe it was a woman, who brought up the subject of fat. No offense, Little Flower, if you are a man. But, I'm just guessing here. 

And it was another woman who then got offended by your inclusion of the letters 'y', or "ies" when you responded to the Little Flower.

And it was also a woman who called you an "asshole".

Funny how these modern women love to use the bad linguistic habits formerly the domain of sailors in bars, yet want to claim their right to be offended simultaneously.

It is bad form, and makes your point.

Then we have King Louis coming to the rescue in the role of Mangina.

Dove Bar Tyranny, indeed.

I think we have collectively coined a new phrase with a new meaning.

I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Bonaventure

LOL
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Jayne

Quote from: Innocent Smith on April 11, 2013, 12:06:08 PM
There is no argument, Jayne. My "long" post, as you put is was intended to treat you with the kid gloves you demand. Now be a nice little kitty, like your avatar depicts, and purr.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMIHvJ96VA[/yt]

Bonaventure

Quote from: Innocent Smith on April 11, 2013, 12:13:20 PM

I think this is brilliant.

And let's set the record straight. I believe it was a woman, who brought up the subject of fat. No offense, Little Flower, if you are a man. But, I'm just guessing here. 

And it was another woman who then got offended by your inclusion of the letters 'y', or "ies" when you responded to the Little Flower.

And it was also a woman who called you an "asshole".

Funny how these modern women love to use the bad linguistic habits formerly the domain of sailors in bars, yet want to claim their right to be offended simultaneously.

It is bad form, and makes your point.

Then we have King Louis coming to the rescue in the role of Mangina.

Dove Bar Tyranny, indeed.

I think we have collectively coined a new phrase with a new meaning.

So, let's insult other posters AND a mod, and support a keyboard warrior's claim to essential shut down the forum (if we take it to it's logical end).

Real smart.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."