Hello, all.

Started by aquinas138, January 19, 2015, 11:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquinas138

New to the forum; some of you may know me from over at FishEaters. My interests are mainly the Divine Office, Eastern Christianity, Church languages (Greek, Latin, Syriac, Coptic, etc.), and liturgical minutiae of whatever rite in general. I'm a PhD student writing my dissertation in Syriac (ora pro me!), canonically-Latin but a registered member at a Ruthenian parish, and generally hoping to save my soul!
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Kaesekopf

Welcome!

I'm glad you're here!

I hope it's edifying here.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

Welcome.  I remember you.  It is good to see you here.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

red solo cup

I'm trying to save my soul as well, aquinas. :toth:
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Archer

Quote from: red solo cup on January 19, 2015, 02:56:06 PM
I'm trying to save my soul as well, aquinas. :toth:

Amen brother, amen.

Welcome to SD, aquinas.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Pheo

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Daniel

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"