The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita and the Oath

Started by mikemac, March 02, 2019, 06:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemac

I read 'The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita' again a couple of days ago.  The parallels between the 19th century generational Masonic plan to infiltrate the Church and what has happened in the Church since the Second Vatican Council is astounding, especially since Francis.  If you haven't read it yet you should.

But what particularly caught my attention this time was the quote from 'The Oath Against Modernism' by Pope Saint Pius X.  Particularly this part of the quote.

QuoteSecondly, I accept and acknowledge the external proofs of revelation, that is, divine acts and especially miracles and prophecies as the surest signs of the divine origin of the Christian religion and I hold that these same proofs are well adapted to the understanding of all eras and all men, even of this time.

You can read this quote in the first paragraph of 'The Oath Against Modernism'.
http://www.papalencyclicals.net/pius10/p10moath.htm

Pope Saint Pius X mandated that not just all priests take this oath, but all teachers of theology and philosophy also take this oath.  This oath lasted until 1967 when it was dropped.

For quite a while now every time a thread is started about Fatima or Catholic prophecies in general someone posts that prophecies were ended with the Apostles, or something along that line.  It seems to me they are contradicting what Pope Saint Pius X wrote in 'The Oath Against Modernism'.

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Gardener

Quote from: mikemac on March 02, 2019, 06:39:14 PM

I read 'The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita' again a couple of days ago.  The parallels between the 19th century generational Masonic plan to infiltrate the Church and what has happened in the Church since the Second Vatican Council is astounding, especially since Francis.  If you haven't read it yet you should.

But what particularly caught my attention this time was the quote from 'The Oath Against Modernism' by Pope Saint Pius X.  Particularly this part of the quote.

QuoteSecondly, I accept and acknowledge the external proofs of revelation, that is, divine acts and especially miracles and prophecies as the surest signs of the divine origin of the Christian religion and I hold that these same proofs are well adapted to the understanding of all eras and all men, even of this time.

You can read this quote in the first paragraph of 'The Oath Against Modernism'.
http://www.papalencyclicals.net/pius10/p10moath.htm

Pope Saint Pius X mandated that not just all priests take this oath, but all teachers of theology and philosophy also take this oath.  This oath lasted until 1967 when it was dropped.

For quite a while now every time a thread is started about Fatima or Catholic prophecies in general someone posts that prophecies were ended with the Apostles, or something along that line.  It seems to me they are contradicting what Pope Saint Pius X wrote in 'The Oath Against Modernism'.

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us.

No, no one says the underlined as that would be stupid and contra the reality of history and Church teaching.

What people say, and it's true, is that Public Revelation ceased w/ the death of the Apostle John.

As such, anything "revealed" after his death is categorized as Private Revelation and has no character of binding any member of the Church from pauper to Pope.

When the Church approves an apparition, prophecy, etc., She is merely saying that there is nothing against faith and morals and has some element which may be beneficial to the faithful. But She cannot in fact bind them to believe it because it is, as it were, Private Revelation regardless of how public (colloquial) its occurrence is/was. If one doesn't understand this distinction, they will continue to miss the argument and themselves argue for something the Church has not, cannot, and will not bind the Faithful on.

What Pius X was getting at is that there are external proofs of revelation which do occur and, because they occur, are a sign of proof to all eras and men (this is contra the tenet of Modernism of certain things being adapted to certain men or eras).
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

mikemac

Right, Public Revelation ceased with the death of the Apostle John.  So dogmas can't evolve.

And Private Revelation is either approved or disproved as worthy of belief by the Church.  Got it.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

St.Justin

Quote from: mikemac on March 02, 2019, 08:06:42 PM
Right, Public Revelation ceased with the death of the Apostle John.  So dogmas can't evolve.

And Private Revelation is either approved or disproved as worthy of belief by the Church.  Got it.

There are 3 thing rulings which can be given to Private revelations and they are:
1. constat de supernaturalitate (that is, they give evidence of a supernatural intervention).
2. Constat de non supernaturalitate. The judgment that an alleged apparition has been shown to be not supernatural means it is either clearly not miraculous or lacks sufficient signs of the miraculous.
3. Non constat de supernaturalitate. Finally, it may not be evident whether or not the alleged apparition is authentic