5 First Saturdays Devotion Question

Started by TLM424, September 01, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLM424

Regarding the rosary requirement for the 5 first Saturdays devotion, am I supposed to be praying the Glorious Mysteries, which are the mysteries that are required on every Saturday anyway? Or does it not matter which mysteries I pray for this devotion? Also, since I pray the rosary daily, does my daily rosary fulfill the requirement for this devotion or should I be praying 2 rosaries today? Thanks!

Heinrich

It does not matter what set of mysteries one prays. I would tend to keep it seasonal, e.g. the Sorrowful during Lent. Otherwise, you should not doubt the efficacy of the Rosary based on the choice of Mysteries(not Luminous).

My traditional parish offers Mass, 20 minutes of meditation, i.e. homily/sermon on one of the mysteries, and then the Rosary. It has also been coinciding with overnight adoration with Benediction before Mass. What an incredible occasion for an infusion of Grace via glorifying the Lord. With all this, our priests have led us with each of the (traditional) Mysteries on any given Saturday through the years.

Don't get caught up in peculiarities with number of Rosaries. Say two if you have the time. Say one and then use other parts of the day for reading or online sermons.

ETA: Saturday is universal cardio/cross fit day. Keep your breathing at a good level. Remember to say three Aves prior to working out, asking the BVM to help you focus on the ultimate end of any undertaking: Heaven. Get Army Ranger and all.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.