Could some of you please point out to me why Michael Voris is no good?

Started by Armor of Light, September 10, 2018, 12:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armor of Light

I listen to his commentary sometimes, but am not familiar with anything older than a year.
Repentant homo..yes. I don't see or hear a problem with that. I fully understand he is trying to run a business, and to that end, a bit hyperbolic. I don't see where he is "wrong" though.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

Maximilian

The antagonism to Michael Voris comes from the fact that he has been anti-SSPX, anti-traditional in general. He was more of a "Wanderer" Catholic, willing to criticize local bishops, but not to examine where it comes from at the top. Apparently that may be changing now, as it is for many others.

GeorgeB

Quote from: Maximilian on September 10, 2018, 12:38:15 PM
The antagonism to Michael Voris comes from the fact that he has been anti-SSPX, anti-traditional in general. He was more of a "Wanderer" Catholic, willing to criticize local bishops, but not to examine where it comes from at the top. Apparently that may be changing now, as it is for many others.

Well said.

To which one might add:

1. his current criticism of Francis seems to be based entirely on the sexual abuse cover-up (the rather effeminate "#CatholicMeToo" stuff); he is still unwilling to call him out for his doctrinal errors and deviations.

2. if one believes E. Michael Jones, he has strong associations (if not formal ties) with Opus Dei, a dubious organization at the best of times.

3. his "self-outing" amid allegations that he was going to be outed by the hierarchy came off as a publicity stunt, especially when he could produce no evidence in support of the same

4. his "Lenten Luxury Cruise" venture (luxury cruise during Lent? really?) is worthy of a Novus Ordo liberal clique of "nuns"

5. he launched (or tried to launch) an apostolate (not sure about the exact details) dedicated to forming young men - thereby placing himself in a near occasion of sin.

All in all, I've generally found him too "campy" and given to fratricidal fire to be a trustworthy ally of Tradition.

christulsa

His clash with the Remnant symbolizes his clash with trads.

The Nicholson Fiasco.

The wig (?).

His talk on Tulsa on religious liberty was an affront to the traditionalists in attendance.

But Christine Niles is cute, my wife won't my me saying.

And it is the de facto Catholic WikiLeaks of the Church.
So it is relatively an important work.  Bishop Gracida supports it.

PS I've assumed Greg's place as King of the Mountain until Jayne and then Greg post again.  Or someone knocks me from the top.  8) :cheeseheadbeer:

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Armor of Light on September 10, 2018, 12:12:42 PM
Repentant homo..yes.

Repentant homos shouldn't have that sort of public exposure. Or assume any role of authority. That's the bottom line.

If you've been shagging other men for decades, it means you've been especially rotten in the moral scale. Basically, you've been worthless scum. If, by the grace of God, you have truly repented of it and turned your back to those sins, then dedicate the remainder of your time on earth to make amends out of public spotlight. Sadly, you'll never project the moral integrity necessary to lead and counsel people spiritually, as Voris wants to. He'll always be seen as homo, no matter what he does. Tough? Yes, but true.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Philip G.

Does Voris really wear a wig?  I always just thought he combed and dyed his hair in a very ugly way.  But, that ugly could just be the result of it being fake. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Optatus

Quote from: GeorgeB on September 10, 2018, 01:16:10 PM
2. if one believes E. Michael Jones, he has strong associations (if not formal ties) with Opus Dei, a dubious organization at the best of times.

Was this in Jones' pamphlet on Voris? I don't remember this being mentioned.

Anyway, interesting if true because I know Jones has locked horns with Randy Engel over at AKA Catholic. She's adamant that Jones has a Opus Dei connection himself.

Reader

Quote from: christulsa on September 10, 2018, 03:18:16 PM
His clash with the Remnant symbolizes his clash with trads.

The Nicholson Fiasco.

The wig (?).

His talk on Tulsa on religious liberty was an affront to the traditionalists in attendance.

But Christine Niles is cute, my wife won't my me saying.

And it is the de facto Catholic WikiLeaks of the Church.
So it is relatively an important work.  Bishop Gracida supports it.

PS I've assumed Greg's place as King of the Mountain until Jayne and then Greg post again.  Or someone knocks me from the top.  8) :cheeseheadbeer:

:rofl:

Traditionallyruralmom

I used to find Voris very edifying, until I began to attend the SSPX...and realized his outfit bashed them....and refused to call out the pope.  Just did not sit right with me.  Too much pray, pay and obey for my liking.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

dymphnaw

Michael Voris was pretty nasty to traditionalists for years. He's never gone back in that to my knowledge. If E. Michael Jones is right then CMTs financial set up is cause for alarm. His young men's group is a super bad idea and yes, his hair doesn't move. It's a frosted helmet. He comes off as silly.

Greg

Repentent homo you don't see a problem with?

That proved to be the problem didn't it.  He relapsed.

My argument was always that some sins are grave enough and scandalous enough to disqualify you from any sort of position of authority in the Catholic Church.  I would never suggest that someone convicted of accounting fraud should be allowed to do Church accounts or be a treasurer of a charity.

Modern day Catholics appear to have lost all common sense.  Read the comments 99% are supportive of Voris. 

Not only that, Niles and many others in his organisation knew it was a problem and stayed silent while they watched their boss attack people and continue his sodomite ways.

For all we know this might have been going on for a decade.

If it is OK for a 20 year long sodomite to take a public position of authority and seek donations from Catholics, then why would it not be OK for a former pedophile to seek donations for Catholic childrens home.  After all, who are we to judge?  He may be sorry and in a state of grace and have overcome his paedophilic urges.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Greg on March 13, 2024, 02:05:31 AMMy argument was always that some sins are grave enough and scandalous enough to disqualify you from any sort of position of authority in the Catholic Church.  I would never suggest that someone convicted of accounting fraud should be allowed to do Church accounts or be a treasurer of a charity.

This is the way it needs to be.
this page left intentionally blank

Reader

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on March 13, 2024, 07:38:57 AM
Quote from: Greg on March 13, 2024, 02:05:31 AMMy argument was always that some sins are grave enough and scandalous enough to disqualify you from any sort of position of authority in the Catholic Church.  I would never suggest that someone convicted of accounting fraud should be allowed to do Church accounts or be a treasurer of a charity.

This is the way it needs to be.

And everyone should be aware of their particular temptations and humble enough to accept this, letting others more suited do the leading.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Reader on March 13, 2024, 04:48:12 PMAnd everyone should be aware of their particular temptations and humble enough to accept this, letting others more suited do the leading.

Beyond temptations, everyone should be aware that the world does not revolve around them.

e.g. A man might make a great candidate for office, but running would make his past indiscretions public and bring shame to his family that they do not deserve to endure.
this page left intentionally blank

Reader

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on March 14, 2024, 09:28:08 AM
Quote from: Reader on March 13, 2024, 04:48:12 PMAnd everyone should be aware of their particular temptations and humble enough to accept this, letting others more suited do the leading.

Beyond temptations, everyone should be aware that the world does not revolve around them.

e.g. A man might make a great candidate for office, but running would make his past indiscretions public and bring shame to his family that they do not deserve to endure.

Agreed, but I've come to acknowledge we live in an age of "show me the conservative man and I'll show you the indiscretion". Justices Thomas and Kavanaugh as Exhibits A and B.

That said, some people are pretty rotten and should know better.