The Holy Wounds Chaplet: very beneficial for Holy Souls in Purgatory.

Started by Xavier, October 26, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

As we approach the Month of November, let us draw the most powerful devotions and offerings from the Treasury of the Church, to offer to Our Divine Savior and the Eternal Father, for the remission of all sins, and the deliverance of all the poor souls suffering in Purgatory. A very powerful devotion, revealed by the Lord Himself, to which many promises and blessings are attached, is the Holy Wounds Rosary or Chaplet.

See: http://www.catholictradition.org/Christ/holy-wounds.htm
Also: https://www.marypages.com/rosary-of-the-holy-wounds-en.html

"On the crucifix and first three beads:

O JESUS, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
STRONG God, holy God, immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.
GRACE and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Thy Precious Blood. Amen.

ETERNAL Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Thine only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech Thee. Amen, Amen, Amen.

The following prayers, composed by Our Lord, are to be said using the Rosary beads.

On the large [middle] beads:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ.
To heal the wounds of our souls.

On the small [decade] beads:
My Jesus, pardon and mercy.
Through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds.

HISTORY: This devotion to the Holy Wounds and the Promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907), of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

It is customary to honor the Five Wounds of Our Lord on the five decades.

The Seventeen Promises of Our Lord to Those Who Practice the
Devotion of the Rosary of the Holy Wounds:

HISTORY: This devotion to the Holy Wounds and the following promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907), of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

PROMISES OF OUR LORD FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE THIS DEVOTION

1. At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
2. Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My Divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.
3. Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!
4. I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.
5. From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold puri fied in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.
6. My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins.
7. Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart.
8. In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.
9. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.
10. This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds!" This prayer will solace soul and body.
11. A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls."
12. There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life.
13. This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.
14. Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My Divine Wounds.
15. The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.
16. The soul who during life has honored the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the Angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her.
17. The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.

To obtain the fullest fruit, we must meditate on Our Lord's Passion deeply, especially the Precious Blood He shed from His Five Wounds, as well as the other wounds on His Blessed Body. We must offer His Blood and His Wounds to the Eternal Father as we would offer the most precious and costly thing in the world, as for e.g. St. John did at the foot of the Cross and Priests do in a Sacramental manner; and Mother Mary did in a spiritual manner, and as all the faithful can do. Let us remember how Abraham offered his son to God, sacrificing what was most dear to him, preferring rather to offer his own life, but obeying the divine command. When we offer Our Lord's Blood and Wounds to the Father, offering with it our own life and readiness to bear any cross for His sake, and declaring our willingness to offer our own lives to God as a living sacrifice to be used as He wills it, we immediately gain all the wondrous promises above and more. Jesus has explained the value of such life offerings many times in the annals of His Saints and mystics, and encouraged all the faithful to pray prayers like these unceasingly. Jesus promises, among other things, that the invocation of the Holy Wounds wins victory for the Church.

Jesus also said, ""When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief . . . The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory." See http://whitelilyoftrinity.com/holy_wounds_of_Jesus_devotions.html
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

The sisters in this convent arranged these two aspirations into the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, also called the Chaplet of Mercy, in order to facilitate its recitation. These aspirations, which are indulgenced, can be said on any rosary or chaplet, or may be said as single invocations during work. The Chaplet of the Holy Wounds can be found at the end of this article.

Sister Martha Chambon had great zeal for souls, especially the dying. Jesus told her:
"You must offer the merits of the Holy Wounds for persons who die in the night or during the course of the day."

Jesus told her of this great gift He had given to her community: "Behold your treasure. The treasure of the Holy Wounds encloses crowns which you should take and give to others. One day these souls for whom you shall have obtained a holy death by your prayers, will turn towards you to thank you. All men shall appear before Me on the judgment day, and I shall then point out My privileged Spouses, who shall have purified the world by My Holy Wounds."

Another practice of Saint Mary Martha was offering her actions in union with the Holy Wounds for the conversion of sinners and for the souls in purgatory. In this way, she obtained the release of many souls. The chaplet of the Holy Wounds is a very efficacious way of helping the poor souls. Jesus told her once:

"My daughter, look at my Wounds, offer them for the souls in Purgatory. The sufferings of My Holy Passion, behold the great remedy for these souls; but its merits must be applied to them."

The sisters in the convent of Sister Mary Martha in Chambery have received many letters of graces that have been obtained through the chaplet of the Holy Wounds and the intercession of Sister Mary Martha Chambon.

Sister Mary Martha Chambon in prayer

According to Sister Martha Chambon, one of the promises that Jesus attached to the recitation of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, also called the Chaplet of Mercy, was that:

"At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of Mercy I let a drop of My Blood fall on the soul of a sinner."

Sister Mary Martha was granted a vision in which she saw Jesus holding a cup full of His Precious Blood and how He placed a drop of His Blood in different souls, including the souls of her mother and father. This brought great consolation to Sister Mary Martha. Jesus then told her:

"The graces that I bestow in this manner are never lost."

See also: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2016/03/devotion-to-holy-wounds-of-jesus-as.html
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Xavier on October 26, 2018, 09:01:38 AM
As we approach the Month of November, let us draw the most powerful devotions and offerings from the Treasury of the Church, to offer to Our Divine Savior and the Eternal Father, for the remission of all sins, and the deliverance of all the poor souls suffering in Purgatory. A very powerful devotion, revealed by the Lord Himself, to which many promises and blessings are attached, is the Holy Wounds Rosary or Chaplet.

See: http://www.catholictradition.org/Christ/holy-wounds.htm
Also: https://www.marypages.com/rosary-of-the-holy-wounds-en.html

"On the crucifix and first three beads:

O JESUS, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
STRONG God, holy God, immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.
GRACE and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Thy Precious Blood. Amen.

ETERNAL Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Thine only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech Thee. Amen, Amen, Amen.

The following prayers, composed by Our Lord, are to be said using the Rosary beads.

On the large [middle] beads:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ.
To heal the wounds of our souls.

On the small [decade] beads:
My Jesus, pardon and mercy.
Through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds.

HISTORY: This devotion to the Holy Wounds and the Promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907), of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

It is customary to honor the Five Wounds of Our Lord on the five decades.

The Seventeen Promises of Our Lord to Those Who Practice the
Devotion of the Rosary of the Holy Wounds:

HISTORY: This devotion to the Holy Wounds and the following promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907), of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

PROMISES OF OUR LORD FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE THIS DEVOTION

1. At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
2. Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My Divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.
3. Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!
4. I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.
5. From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold puri fied in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.
6. My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins.
7. Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart.
8. In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.
9. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.
10. This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds!" This prayer will solace soul and body.
11. A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls."
12. There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life.
13. This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.
14. Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My Divine Wounds.
15. The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.
16. The soul who during life has honored the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the Angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her.
17. The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.

To obtain the fullest fruit, we must meditate on Our Lord's Passion deeply, especially the Precious Blood He shed from His Five Wounds, as well as the other wounds on His Blessed Body. We must offer His Blood and His Wounds to the Eternal Father as we would offer the most precious and costly thing in the world, as for e.g. St. John did at the foot of the Cross and Priests do in a Sacramental manner; and Mother Mary did in a spiritual manner, and as all the faithful can do. Let us remember how Abraham offered his son to God, sacrificing what was most dear to him, preferring rather to offer his own life, but obeying the divine command. When we offer Our Lord's Blood and Wounds to the Father, offering with it our own life and readiness to bear any cross for His sake, and declaring our willingness to offer our own lives to God as a living sacrifice to be used as He wills it, we immediately gain all the wondrous promises above and more. Jesus has explained the value of such life offerings many times in the annals of His Saints and mystics, and encouraged all the faithful to pray prayers like these unceasingly. Jesus promises, among other things, that the invocation of the Holy Wounds wins victory for the Church.

Jesus also said, ""When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief . . . The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory." See http://whitelilyoftrinity.com/holy_wounds_of_Jesus_devotions.html

:pray2: :pray3:

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

The Five Wounds Devotion is ancient and noble. My St Anthony's Treasury has several, and more across other books.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Xavier

Quote from: Lynne on December 06, 2018, 01:54:37 PM
How did I miss this?  :'( Now November's over...

No worries. We can always pray for the dear departed all around the year, and we have reason to believe many souls are released from Purgatory on great feasts, especially Marian feasts, and also Christmas and Easter. So let it be part of our preparation for the feast of the Immaculate Conception to present to God and Our Mother many of these prayers by which many souls can be released.

Scripture tells us about the Holy Wounds,

Isa 53:5  But he was wounded for our iniquities, he was bruised for our sins: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed.

Let us meditate on some of the promises of our Saviour.

1. "At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner." The principal prayer of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds is "Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls". That's about 20 drops of blood our Savior promises to release over any living sinner or soul in purgatory for whom we offer this prayer. It would be well to say it many times a day, and we can be assured souls will be converted, or advance in holiness, or be released from purgatory, or have peaceful deaths in God's grace etc as a result of it.

6. "My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins." The Lord invites us to meditate on and contemplate His holy Wounds often and promises us we will grow in deeper knowledge and more intimate love of Him as often as we do. By it our faults will be atoned for, our sins expiated and our imperfections repaired.

7 and 9: "Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated." Our Saviour encourages us to perform all our works and duties in union with His Passion and Wounds, especially when we have some cross to suffer. In this way, He can continue to offer Himself in us and perpetuate His redemptive work through us His creatures. He promises great reward in heaven and many merits for those who do this.

17. "The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church." By the Holy Wounds, much grace will be obtained for the Church, ans victory in all Her battles. Let us unite in prayer and call down many graces from Heaven for us and for our loved ones.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Xavier

Also in this time period of Lent, renewing our devotion to the Holy Wounds of Our Lord - especially the Five Wounds on His Holy Hands, His Adorable Feet, and above all that Wound of Love in His Most Sacred Heart - is a great thing. Remember those special promises, "The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church." Something we need so much today, Victory for the Church. Restoration of the TLM etc.

And also, "At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner." - as our Lady asked us many times to pray the Rosary for our Shepherds and Prelates, let us pray this Chaplet especially for the Pope, for the Cardinals, the Bishops, the Priests, knowing for sure that drops of Blood from Our Lord's Body will fall upon them, gradually enlightening them about current errors, and triumphing over weakness of will by the power of grace. The more often we pray with all our hearts for the Pope and the Bishops, "Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls" we are assured the more Souls will be sanctified, converted, changed and saved. We can even modify or adapt it for the specific people for whom we pray, e.g. "Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our Pope", ""Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our Bishops", "Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our Priests", "Eternal Father, We offer You the Sacred Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our own souls, or those in our family" etc.