Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyubov

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on July 06, 2013, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on July 06, 2013, 08:50:29 AM
My niece is 5 today and I am going to her birthday party.

I love yr 5 birthday parties!

Much better than those pesky 6 yr old birthday parties.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

sprungli

I went to an art gallery and looked at some impressionist paintings. And I also went dress shopping.

dymphna17

Last weekend we rode to Nebraska to a fly-in.  Ended up getting late so we stayed the night in a nice little cozy hotel and riding the rest of the way home the next day.  It was a really good time.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Heinrich

Had a nice meal and conversation with a family from church. Had a delish white russian for dessert.  ;D
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LouisIX

Quote from: Heinrich on July 08, 2013, 10:52:28 AM
Had a nice meal and conversation with a family from church. Had a delish white russian for dessert.  ;D

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Heinrich

Quote from: LouisIX on July 08, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on July 08, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

I dont have that moxie.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LouisIX

I don't know about that.  It's just a different kind.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Jacafamala

I went out to dinner last night with hubs. It was a garlic themed restaurant. I had Fra Diablo. He had filet mignon. We shared a garlic ice cream desert. Had to try it. It was very different, not exactly bad, but I wouldn't do it again.
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

Heinrich

Quote from: Jacafamala on July 10, 2013, 07:14:42 AM
I went out to dinner last night with hubs. It was a garlic themed restaurant. I had Fra Diablo. He had filet mignon. We shared a garlic ice cream desert. Had to try it. It was very different, not exactly bad, but I wouldn't do it again.

You must live in a big city.

Hawaii Five-0

Quote from: Heinrich on July 10, 2013, 10:02:17 AM

Or maybe Gilroy, CA.
Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

Jacafamala

Jersey is heavily populated, so there's just lots of lots.... What do they serve by you, Heinsey--food-wise?
-St Therese of Lisieux

Jacafamala

Quote from: Hawaii Five-0 on July 10, 2013, 04:21:33 PM

Or maybe Gilroy, CA.

I've never been there, but I've been to the vortex at the red rocks. That would be the closest so far.
-St Therese of Lisieux

Heinrich

Quote from: Jacafamala on July 10, 2013, 07:51:31 PM

Jersey is heavily populated, so there's just lots of lots.... What do they serve by you, Heinsey--food-wise?

I live in a metro area of just about 500,000. There are the usual suspects: TGI Fridays, Applebees, etc. and some fine locally owned Southwest cuisine options. To my delight there are at least four German restaurants and the only 5 Star restaurant in CO is in Colorado Springs, just a few miles from me, no doubt. When Ggregg takes his family there in 2015 on the Colorado leg of his trip, maybe he can splurge for Mrs. Heinrich and me, too.

The Edelweiss is my favorite restaurant in town:

http://www.edelweissrest.com/about.html

Five Star elegance:

http://www.broadmoor.com/penrose-room/

Jacafamala

Both look really fun. I can see why The Edelweiss is your local favorite.  It's very charming.
-St Therese of Lisieux

LouisIX

Ggreg, are you still planning on doing your American tour?