Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

I played fetch with my sister's house mate's dog while drinking my morning coffee in Wisconsin.

Der Polka-König

"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Archer

I've heard there's lots of cheese there.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: piabee on June 26, 2013, 11:11:12 AM
I played fetch with my sister's house mate's dog while drinking my morning coffee in Wisconsin.

For a second I thought you watched your friend's dog drink your coffee.

Reading with a splitting headache -- not good.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

piabee

Haha. I've known dogs who liked beer but never one who liked coffee. That also reminds me of the misplaced modified example in my middle school grammar book: The girl sat at the piano singing with auburn hair.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: piabee on June 26, 2013, 04:04:05 PM
Haha. I've known dogs who liked beer but never one who liked coffee. That also reminds me of the misplaced modified example in my middle school grammar book: The girl sat at the piano singing with auburn hair.

Ours doesn't like beer -- he likes licking the condensation off my husband's beer bottle.  Strange creature.

And now I have my -- rather odd -- mind wonder if the song she is singing is called "With Auburn Hair" or if she is a musically gifted Medusa. 
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Der Polka-König

Quote from: LouisIX on June 26, 2013, 05:43:17 PM
:cheesehead: :cheeseheadbeer: :cheesehead: :cheeseheadbeer:

Looks like fun to me! 

(That is, unless it's an Archbishop while preaching at Mass....)
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

sprungli

I used some high lighters that smelled! The purple one smelled like grape, the yellow one, banana ect...

piabee

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on June 26, 2013, 04:34:58 PM
And now I have my -- rather odd -- mind wonder if the song she is singing is called "With Auburn Hair" or if she is a musically gifted Medusa.

:rofl: P.S. to the mods: can we get the ROFL that is just rolly and not so hysterical-looking?

Had dinner at Lambeau last night. Today we are going to a dairy farm.

LouisIX

Quote from: piabee on June 27, 2013, 10:15:13 AM

Lambeau Field is the greatest place on earth. 
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LouisIX on June 27, 2013, 10:55:08 AM

This.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 27, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on June 27, 2013, 10:55:08 AM

This.

No.  Not this.