Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 29, 2017, 10:54:01 PM
Golfing my first round of the season tomorrow reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do they golf much in Poland
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

ABlaine

It's finally spring here! Unfortunately that means that the liberals are out to complain and ruin it for everyone!

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Carleendiane

Beer tasting party, tomorrow after Mass. Cook out, party till dark and beyond. In my Den of Iniquity. My garage! Kids galore, big kids to watch small kids, adult kids to watch big kids watch small kids. A fun time to look forward to. I haven't had a full blown party here since last fall, which happened to be a beer tasting party.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Heinrich

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 01, 2017, 09:26:38 AM
Beer tasting party, tomorrow after Mass. Cook out, party till dark and beyond. In my Den of Iniquity. My garage! Kids galore, big kids to watch small kids, adult kids to watch big kids watch small kids. A fun time to look forward to. I haven't had a full blown party here since last fall, which happened to be a beer tasting party.

What's that GC Chesterton quip about the sind and Boote and Jolly Catholics?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on April 01, 2017, 10:11:20 AM

Sure you don't mean Belloc's, "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,There's always laughter and good red wine.At least I've always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!"

??
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on April 01, 2017, 10:33:32 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 01, 2017, 10:11:20 AM

Sure you don't mean Belloc's, "Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,There's always laughter and good red wine.At least I've always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!"

??

Yeah. That is it. I hope everyone understood the auto-corrected German words.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

onn fridaymy wife tookme to a doctors appointment(not fun) but on the wy back we got to pick my son up from school...wich is somthing i have never done before.  I hadn't been inside his school nor met his teachers in person so that was neat.  got to see his classsroom and meet the class pets.  they have a fishtnk and a bunny.  got to pet the bunny. Pretty great for a state sponsored govt indoctrination camp
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 01, 2017, 07:28:57 PM
onn fridaymy wife tookme to a doctors appointment(not fun) but on the wy back we got to pick my son up from school...wich is somthing i have never done before.  I hadn't been inside his school nor met his teachers in person so that was neat.  got to see his classsroom and meet the class pets.  they have a fishtnk and a bunny.  got to pet the bunny. Pretty great for a state sponsored govt indoctrination camp

The bunnies are sensory-induced mind control.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 30, 2017, 06:31:07 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 29, 2017, 10:54:01 PM
Golfing my first round of the season tomorrow reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do they golf much in Poland

They don't. Which honestly is one thing that would keep me away from there permanently. I golf a lot.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Chestertonian

Christina_S

After going to Mass and getting groceries yesterday, I spent most of the day cleaning and doing homework. Then I met for dinner with some friends at a restaurant; we all had a splendid time.  :cheeseheadbeer:
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

TODAYS THE DAY! PARTY IN THE DEN. All kinds of beer. Wine, grilled foods, ribs, dogs, boneless chicken thighs, salads desserts. Everyone invited to the Den. Kids galore, too. Kids to watch the kids. Dymphna, our friend, will be flying in with hubby and NON may be here as well. Laus will be bringing the beer. We have a ram you can ride and we can all run with the sheep. At your risk of course. There will be horseshoes and cards and darts. Come and see!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ABlaine

Went out to one of the parks nearby this afternoon. I founded out we could rent boats, but they were all taken for the day :( So I guess that the plan for next weekend.

Prayerful

Got the treadle sewing machine wheel and pedal working reliably. Ball bearings and good adjustment. Now to get the machine itself working.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.