Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquinas138

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 10, 2016, 10:12:46 AM
Oh, didn't know you are Canadian. That makes sense now!

As far as fun goes, my daughter had my 10th   grandbaby today. Now that's fun. Looking forward to staying a few nights with her wonderful family, to help out of course.

Congratulations!
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

red solo cup

As far as fun goes, my daughter had my 10th   grandbaby today. Now that's fun. Looking forward to staying a few nights with her wonderful family, to help out of course.
Ten grandchildren. Enough for a minyan.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on October 11, 2016, 04:24:04 AM

These are Grandchildren, rsc.  You throw them all in the back of a pickup truck and away you go!  It's only parents who have to worry about things like minivans, helmets on bicycles, waiting to swim after they eat, and eating vegetables.  They can have chocolate cake for breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa's.   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

And we wonder why our children are obese.

Carleendiane

Quote from: red solo cup on October 11, 2016, 05:09:55 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 11, 2016, 04:33:46 AM

These are Grandchildren, rsc.  You throw them all in the back of a pickup truck and away you go!  It's only parents who have to worry about things like minivans, helmets on bicycles, waiting to swim after they eat, and eating vegetables.  They can have chocolate cake for breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa's.   :lol:

My grandkids are practically perfect in every way   ;) Really, chocolate cake for breakfast dymphna....where do you get this stuff. Nope just ice cream for dinner. Sometimes they don't even have to brush their teeth and stay up late at a campfire or they get to bring animals into our house or pick vegetables and dig up potatoes.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

red solo cup

Meant to post this yesterday but the grandkids had a day off from school. Deer season is only a few weeks away and the grandchildren (5, 7, and 8) have been demanding to go hunting. So we did it up right. Up early and a hearty breakfast. Got kitted out in blaze orange and hit the nearest hayfield. Almost immediately we found a buck scrape on a popple tree. Plus there were lots of deer beds and piles of droppings. Then we hiked down into the woods to an old dump where there are lots of bottles, farm equipment and what's left of a 38 Packard. On the way back we found a huge pile of porcupine poop beneath an old tree. The high point of their day. Back at home we harvested all our pumpkins, washed and sorted them for distribution to various relatives and picked the first of the dried beans. Then they went off and did other things while grandpa had a nap.

red solo cup

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 11, 2016, 05:38:31 AM

My grandkids are practically perfect in every way   ;) Really, chocolate cake for breakfast dymphna....where do you get this stuff. Nope just ice cream for dinner. Sometimes they don't even have to brush their teeth and stay up late at a campfire or they get to bring animals into our house or pick vegetables and dig up potatoes.
When my daughters were little they used to put underwear on the ducks.

red solo cup

That's minyan not mini-van. Ches knows what I'm talking about. ;)

piabee

Got my Marshawn Lynch bobblehead. Watched the better half of the game before heading to a bar. No alcohol at college games???

Lynne

Quote from: piabee on November 06, 2016, 12:34:26 AM
Got my Marshawn Lynch bobblehead. Watched the better half of the game before heading to a bar. No alcohol at college games???

flask
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on November 06, 2016, 04:50:14 AM
Quote from: piabee on November 06, 2016, 12:34:26 AM

flask
   :cheeseheadbeer:

The BeerBelly 200-001 The 80-Ounce Beer Belly
by The BeerBelly
3.8 out of 5 stars    59 customer reviews  | 4 answered questions
List Price:   $34.95
Price:   $29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
You Save:   $4.96 (14%)
Get $40.00 off instantly: Your cost could be $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon.com Store Card. Learn more.
In Stock.
Want it Tuesday, Nov. 8? Order within 33 hrs 21 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by GoodShtuff and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Polyurethane bladder looks like a beer belly when worn under clothing
Includes bladder and adjustable neoprene sling with custom-shaped pouch
Holds up to 80 ounces of any hot or cold beverage
Fits users up to 6 feet 8 inches tall and up to 40-inch waist
Easy to clean
New (2) from $29.99 & FREE shipping on orders over $49.00. Details

https://www.amazon.com/BeerBelly-200-001-80-Ounce-Beer-Belly/dp/B001RB2CXY
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

I will show that to my husband...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on October 11, 2016, 05:57:53 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 11, 2016, 05:38:31 AM

When my daughters were little they used to put underwear on the ducks.

Red - Just where exactly does one find underwear for ducks?  Is that a Tarwaters Farm & Home Supply item, or a Walmart find?

Carleendiane - It's a well established fact that my kids (if I babysit a child, they are one of my kids) can have whatever they want for breakfast, i.e. chocolate cake, ice cream, jello.  We've had them all.  The other meals have to be normal, but breakfast is special (mainly because I don't like getting up in the morning, let alone fighting with them about what they are going to eat. Plus, it's just fun.  :lol:  )
?

Chestertonian

listened to prairie home companion and did NY Times crossword puzzle with my wife.  it's our saturday ritual at home nice to do in the hospital too.  we always joke about secretly being 60 years old

not the same without garrison keillor.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Mexican food, nano craft brew drinking, and symphony!  :D
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.