Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 27, 2015, 09:15:12 PM
Put a coat of beeswax on the farmhouse cheddar I made last Saturday, and helped my husband bottle his latest batch of beer, all while listening to old school country on the radio.  In-house date-night at its finest!

is your husband a forum member? get him in on the homebrew thread!

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Arun

haven't done it yet, it's friday arvo here right now, but starting 9am tomorrow we have two full days of training camp with 3 BJJ black belts and a Judo coral belt. heaps of open mat/rolling time plus a bunch of seminars. dis gon b guuuud.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Arun on August 27, 2015, 09:48:56 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 27, 2015, 09:15:12 PM
Put a coat of beeswax on the farmhouse cheddar I made last Saturday, and helped my husband bottle his latest batch of beer, all while listening to old school country on the radio.  In-house date-night at its finest!

is your husband a forum member? get him in on the homebrew thread!

He's not a member.  He's not big on social media, in general.

Arun

Quote from: Arun on August 27, 2015, 09:50:01 PM
haven't done it yet, it's friday arvo here right now, but starting 9am tomorrow we have two full days of training camp with 3 BJJ black belts and a Judo coral belt. heaps of open mat/rolling time plus a bunch of seminars. dis gon b guuuud.

aaaaaaand i spoke too soon.... sidelined for today at least with a very nasty bug. hopefully i can make it to tomorrowat least

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

GeorgeT

Made a ton of wine! Less than one dollar a bottle! Cheap and fulfilling. Just like all of my accomplishments!

Oh and who said that Weird Al is a genius? That person i right! It is a fine line between the wise man and the fool. So said Kang in 1992. I am a nerd.
Check out my Lives of the saints comics!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html

Arun

Quote from: GeorgeT on August 28, 2015, 09:11:23 PM
Made a ton of wine! Less than one dollar a bottle! Cheap and fulfilling. Just like all of my accomplishments!

Oh and who said that Weird Al is a genius? That person i right! It is a fine line between the wise man and the fool. So said Kang in 1992. I am a nerd.

Did you post in the brew thread...? Come on man lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

I was finally healthy enough to go to our local ABATE bike rally out at the lake.  My bil let us use his 5th wheel camper that had air conditioning.  We tried 3 different generators before we found one that worked.  It was 97 degrees out with a heat index of 105, so we really, really needed that ac.  When the working generator died this morning we knew it was time to get ready to come home.  Isn't is strange how being out in the heat like that just drains your energy?  Poor Hubby just about made himself sick doing all the hard work.

We had a really good time anyway.  We were with some really good friends we already knew and made some new ones as well.  One of our friend's brought his smoker and made a huge brisket and a couple of huge pork butts.  It was so yummy!

They had bike races this year as part of the bike games which was fun to watch.  And they had a new vender's circle that was just a little hop and a jump next to where we were camped, so that was really nice.  Nigel Dupree was the headlining band.  He is the son of Jesse James Dupree, of the band Jackyl, who headlines at the Full Throttle Saloon during the Sturgis, SD bike rally. All in all it was a really good weekend.  I hope all of yours was too!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LoneWolfRadTrad

Christina_S

On Tuesday, I started organising homeschool curriculum for the year.
On Wednesday, I tidied up the homeschool room and the living room.
On Thursday, we took a family road trip to a corn maze (3 hrs away). Then we ate lunch out, did some shopping, and came home.
On Friday, the kids repainted their schoolbook drawers and tie dyed shirts (since its the last year that all of us kids will be living home, I figured we should do something fun).
On Saturday, I played at an anniversary Mass (NO). I was only asked to play the Mass responses, but since the other guy didn't show up...  ::)
On Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning and following that we went to my grandparents place for brunch. In the evening, while the rest of my family was visiting at my aunt's, I finished organising the kids' curriculum, worked more on our homeschool schedule, unloaded the dishwasher, and prayed 5 decades of the Rosary while folding 4 baskets of laundry.  ;D

"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Christina_S on September 07, 2015, 07:36:04 AM
On Tuesday, I started organising homeschool curriculum for the year.
On Wednesday, I tidied up the homeschool room and the living room.
On Thursday, we took a family road trip to a corn maze (3 hrs away). Then we ate lunch out, did some shopping, and came home.
On Friday, the kids repainted their schoolbook drawers and tie dyed shirts (since its the last year that all of us kids will be living home, I figured we should do something fun).
On Saturday, I played at an anniversary Mass (NO). I was only asked to play the Mass responses, but since the other guy didn't show up...  ::)
On Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning and following that we went to my grandparents place for brunch. In the evening, while the rest of my family was visiting at my aunt's, I finished organising the kids' curriculum, worked more on our homeschool schedule, unloaded the dishwasher, and prayed 5 decades of the Rosary while folding 4 baskets of laundry.  ;D

I think I can safely say this for all the other Mothers on this forum, who are raising families and will have teens in the not too distant future.....what did your parents do that (seemingly, based on this post) formed you so well? 

LausTibiChriste

Thurs flew into London..spent the weekend at Quarr abbey. Was in London today and heading to France tonight. Next stop: Lisieux.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2015, 02:15:33 PM
Thurs flew into London..spent the weekend at Quarr abbey. Was in London today and heading to France tonight. Next stop: Lisieux.

Das ist muy bien. The Little Flower is a favored Saint in the Heinrich household(my wife's patron and the namesake of my k - 8 school). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers whilst there.

I went to the Air Force football game. Other than the air tight security procedures: long lines, getting probed with a wand, and having my car bottom out in the "parking lot", we enjoyed sitting amongst the cadets at parents weekend and watching a Falcon thrashing. One of my former students is also a starter. Neat to hear his name called.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2015, 05:18:27 PM

Das ist muy bien. The Little Flower is a favored Saint in the Heinrich household(my wife's patron and the namesake of my k - 8 school). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers whilst there.

Done and done, as well as for everyone here
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 08, 2015, 11:18:08 AM

Thank you so much!  Dear St Therese is my particular patron and has been nothing other than good to me.  Maybe post some pictures?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 08, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 08, 2015, 11:18:08 AM

Thank you so much!  Dear St Therese is my particular patron and has been nothing other than good to me.  Maybe post some pictures?

He sent me one.  If he gives the go-ahead, I'll post it for him.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.