Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on September 16, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 16, 2014, 09:27:22 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on September 13, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
sounds like quite the experience i havealwaya wanted to go to Lourdes m

not sure why they immerse in the water

I would be concerned about bacteria.  I have been told I shouldn't go in lakes,rivers, ponds or streams.  Only the ocean or chlorinated pools because I have 2 tubes in my belly, an iv and an ostomy... and my immune system is shot

People do not get sick from the Lourdes water.  Scientific studies were done which showed the water does contain bacteria, but no-one has gotten sick, even in the studies.

But this is the water before it ends up in the pools, I'm assuming.  The water in the pools has had people in it.  Some of the water goes to the pools, some to the faucets on the nearby wall.

No, the water was taken from the pools where the people bathed. 
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

dymphna17

Quote from: drummerboy on September 17, 2014, 09:24:14 AM
These people were definitely having fun... :huh:

http://www.htrnews.com/story/news/local/2014/09/16/drag-racing-results-crash/15711191/

We used to do that, but it was on the snow in the fields.  No one got hurt though, so there is that.  And alcohol was not involved.  It was fun.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

My sister got me Cal Shakes tickets for my birthday and I went last night with a friend. A Midsummer Night's Dream is so fanciful that it really shouldn't be a modern production but along the same lines it didn't bother me as much as when they do modern productions of the other plays (and operas). (The same company set King Lear in World War II. Fine, but no thanks.) There was music and choreography in a few scenes which felt appropriately Shakespearean despite the modern dance. Puck was funny but I thought he could have been a little more clever. The play-within-the-play cast was amazing.

dymphna17

St Mary's is having their Shakespeare Festival.  What a great thing to do!  Fun for all the family and so interesting.  So many talented people.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Just got back from my first MMA, boxing, and kickboxing, 14 bout Fall Brawl!  How exciting that was.  Had never seen any of this before.  Except at Thanksgiving at my Mom's house.  Ha!
?

Rose

I had a drive up to the mountains with my Mum yesterday and shopped around for some kit in a nearby town for an upcoming forest trip for work. Even though it was raining, the scenery was stunning, and reminded me that I really, really need to get hiking again :)
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

Quote from: Older Salt on September 16, 2014, 08:34:20 AM

Did you go anywhere special?

We started with coffee at the Ferry Building. My friend wanted to go to Alcatraz but the tours were sold out. So we wandered along to Fisherman's Wharf, got drinks and appetizers at Scoma's, and then North Beach for City Lights Books and more coffee and tirimisu.

dymphna17

Quote from: piabee on September 21, 2014, 04:27:14 PM
Quote from: Older Salt on September 16, 2014, 08:34:20 AM

Did you go anywhere special?

We started with coffee at the Ferry Building. My friend wanted to go to Alcatraz but the tours were sold out. So we wandered along to Fisherman's Wharf, got drinks and appetizers at Scoma's, and then North Beach for City Lights Books and more coffee and tirimisu.

How fun!  We went to Fisherman's Wharf once and it was a blast!  We got to go to Alcatraz too and that was very interesting.  I hope you all get to go next time.  It's worth it.  Glad you had a good time.
?

LaramieHirsch

QuoteDone Anything Fun Lately?

Traveled coast to coast with the family this year.  Gotta return to Moab, Utah.  I recommend everyone visit that place for a spell at least once in their lives.
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

dymphna17

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on September 22, 2014, 01:04:37 AM

Traveled coast to coast with the family this year.  Gotta return to Moab, Utah.  I recommend everyone visit that place for a spell at least once in their lives.

Why?
?

LaramieHirsch

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 22, 2014, 04:32:06 AM

Why?

Because the land is beautiful and sublime, the Colorado River is an awesome body of water to raft down, camping is fun, and Arches National Park is amazing and requires more than only a few brief hours to take in. 
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

dymphna17

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on September 22, 2014, 04:36:57 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 22, 2014, 04:32:06 AM

Why?

Because the land is beautiful and sublime, the Colorado River is an awesome body of water to raft down, camping is fun, and Arches National Park is amazing and requires more than only a few brief hours to take in.

Ah.  Thanks, I didn't realize there was so much to do in Utah.
?

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 20, 2014, 11:40:40 PM
Just got back from my first MMA, boxing, and kickboxing, 14 bout Fall Brawl!  How exciting that was.  Had never seen any of this before.  Except at Thanksgiving at my Mom's house.  Ha!

excellent. welcome to the ranks of fight fandom! we're glad to have ya.

ETA: check out the new season of TUF and also check out Invicta FC, some WMMA for ya. girls can do it too.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on September 22, 2014, 05:09:43 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 20, 2014, 11:40:40 PM

excellent. welcome to the ranks of fight fandom! we're glad to have ya.

ETA: check out the new season of TUF and also check out Invicta FC, some WMMA for ya. girls can do it too.

I've seen some of it on YouTube.  Rhonda Rousy is amazing!  I can't imagine doing that stuff, but there are some really talented women out there.
?