Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: The Harlequin King on July 14, 2014, 01:49:51 PM
You're a good friend. I wish I could organize such a thing, but such affairs necessitate having friends first. The miss is in dire need of one.

I try my best! The guests were a mix of friends and relatives. You could have a co-ed shower to increase attendance. I would volunteer to plan and host if I were in the area. The whole time I was there getting things ready I kept thinking that I should be doing it professionally.

JubilateDeo

Quote from: piabee on July 14, 2014, 01:01:40 PM
So, so much. I was in Lake County for two days with my entire family (how we managed to coordinate everyone's schedule is beyond me). We rented a boat the first day and went shooting the next.

Yesterday I hosted my BFF's bridal shower for 30+ people. It was awesome because whenever I finished cooking something her mom swooped into the kitchen and did the washing-up.

Where in Lake County?  When I was a baby, my parents lived in Loch Lomond before they divorced.

piabee

Quote from: JubilateDeo on July 14, 2014, 11:41:27 PM
Where in Lake County?  When I was a baby, my parents lived in Loch Lomond before they divorced.

We stay at Edie's Resort! When I was a kid it was every summer without fail for two weeks. As we got  older and the area started getting run down, we would go to Lake Tahoe instead. We still like to go back to those cabins once in a while, though.

Older Salt

Had a good and fun leg workout on my 1st generation Nautilus machines.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

dymphna17

We went to the local Mexican Fiesta and watched a jalapeno eating contest.  Those people are nuts!  It was fun though.  People watching at it's finest.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Heinrich

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 16, 2014, 03:32:28 PM
We went to the local Mexican Fiesta and watched a jalapeno eating contest.  Those people are nuts!  It was fun though.  People watching at it's finest.   8)

Sounds awesome!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

piabee

I started signing leases at work this week. We do everything online so it's almost like a computer game.

drummerboy

Got some Spanish rice and chicken baking in the oven right now, the house smells great!  That'd be fun for me.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

piabee

Pheo

Just had a week off so I went and stayed pretty much off the grid - woke up to see sunruse each morning and listened to loons and eagles calling across the lake.  Went fishing.  A lot.  Also learned to flyfish and landed a bass on my fifth cast.  Kayaked a lot too.  Saw deeper, darker night skies than most people ever will be able to.  Took walks through the woods and gathered lots of wild berries - even made a batch of chokecherry jelly with my grandma.

Best part of that week?  No cell phone reception or internet.  That was pretty much my hello and goodbye to summer, but I can't complain.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

piabee

I woke up because earthquake. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Pheo

Quote from: piabee on August 24, 2014, 09:36:58 AM
I woke up because earthquake. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I heard about that - did you end up losing power?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

piabee

No, I'm about 35 minutes from the epicenter.

Kaesekopf

That sounds really close?...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

I heard something fall upstairs but I still haven't noticed what it was. Only buildings at the epicenter were damaged. I think OCLittleFamily's family is closer.