Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akavit

Paintball is fun but my local field closed down so that's pretty much out of the question nowadays.  Private games I tend to avoid due to too much risk of shooting people in the eye since they never seem to keep their masks on.

MilesChristi

Greek Festa

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

Today, my wife signed me out of rehab for a few hours so I could go to my son's 4th birthday.  We did a picnic in Brooklyn Bridge Park, invited a few of his friends and they had lots of fun playing at the sprayground.  It was the first time I'd been outside since 2013.  Best day I have had in a long time.

Now I'm back in rehab and super tired but at least tired in a good way for a change

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 22, 2014, 08:00:57 PM
Today, my wife signed me out of rehab for a few hours so I could go to my son's 4th birthday.  We did a picnic in Brooklyn Bridge Park, invited a few of his friends and they had lots of fun playing at the sprayground.  It was the first time I'd been outside since 2013.  Best day I have had in a long time.

Now I'm back in rehab and super tired but at least tired in a good way for a change

That's awesome!  God does answer prayers and is so good to us.   :thumbsup:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

Flew to Orange County and back yesterday for a friend's bridal shower.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Heinrich on June 16, 2014, 09:16:51 AM
Quote from: Ancilla Domini on June 15, 2014, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on June 15, 2014, 12:35:42 PM
Greek Festa

Always fun. :)

I wonder how one would be received wearing a Golden Dawn t shirt.

I don't know, Heinrich. Why don't you give it a try and report back to us?  :lol:

And bring us some baklava!

Heinrich

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on June 22, 2014, 09:42:58 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on June 16, 2014, 09:16:51 AM
Quote from: Ancilla Domini on June 15, 2014, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on June 15, 2014, 12:35:42 PM
Greek Festa

Always fun. :)

I wonder how one would be received wearing a Golden Dawn t shirt.

I don't know, Heinrich. Why don't you give it a try and report back to us?  :lol:

And bring us some baklava!

The Greek fest in CS is coming up.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

zork

Quote from: Heinrich on June 23, 2014, 08:47:42 AM

Ours is happening this weekend in Cincinnati.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Heinrich

Quote from: zork on June 23, 2014, 11:13:43 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on June 23, 2014, 08:47:42 AM

Ours is happening this weekend in Cincinnati.

Over in Pleasant Ridge?

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 22, 2014, 08:16:20 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on June 22, 2014, 08:00:57 PM

That's awesome!  God does answer prayers and is so good to us.   :thumbsup:

yes indeed, had to fight the social worker to get out of here for a few hours, it was very worth it
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

I stepped outside and looked around. I live in Colorado.

Dom Passerini

Quote from: Heinrich on June 23, 2014, 02:14:08 PM
I stepped outside and looked around. I live in Colorado.

Bastard.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.