To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awkward customer

Justin Martyr

Quote from: Tennessean on September 11, 2022, 01:30:02 PM
Quote from: Justin Martyr on September 09, 2022, 04:08:18 PM
I didn't realize weeb music was allowed  ;)

If weeb music isn't allowed, I'll leave forever.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D3x0rvr0Nc[/yt]
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUObh_VYGiY[/yt]

Fair enough :lol:

Though, Suscipe Domine tends to be fairly accommodating, for a trad forum. A testament to the benevolence of our great sovereign, Kaesekopf. Let the weeb music continue!

The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Justin Martyr

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 11, 2022, 07:26:37 PM
Anime is a sin, lads.

The Great Leader has spoken, and this loyal subject accepts his decree.

Though, this did get my creative juices flowing...

Quote from:  Murch Chilitant
BREAKING: Pope Francis Releases New Encyclical: ANIME PECCATUM EST, PUERI

The Pope has recently condemned anime as sinful, causing a stir among online Catholics and others.

Sedevacantists cite the recent decision as "irrefutable proof" that Francis can not be a true Pope. Thousands buy dakimakura in protest.

Sedeprivationists reply, pleasing nobody, by making the distinction that Anime is only materially sinful, though still formally licit.

The SSPX recognizes that Francis really did this, but adamantly insists on resistance. Bp. Fellay encourages all of the faithful to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, and admonishes them to avoid "this new and most heinous error of Vatican II".

The FSSP accepts the decision, but considers it "Imprudent" and "Extrinsically Harmful to souls". Fr. Ripperger gives a talk, wherein he discusses how showing the possessed pictures of Anime Girls helped to speed up the process. "Demons are particularly unable to abide staying in a room with pictures of Cat Girls", the good Father said, "which shows you just how pure these innocent creatures are."

Conservative NO Catholics everywhere applaud the decision as a sure sign of the New Springtime (TM). Many go on a crusade to end Anime forever, one blog post at a time. Mr. Xavier Nishant, in a controversial post on twitter, says "This firm stance against anime proves without a shadow of a doubt that Francis is a holy pontiff. This act was prophesised at Medjugorje, and in an autobiography penned by Sister Lucia's cat."

Modernists decry the change, stating "Anime is only sinful if it goes against someone's pious inner experience."

Progressives lament, saying that "Francis hasn't gone far enough - as the spirit of Vatican II tells us, all animation is sinful. No beauty can be allowed to exist on this earth!"

The Eastern Orthodox are divided on the issue. The Russian Patriarchate releases a statement condemning the encyclical as heretical, stating "Anime is a core part of Russian Identity, and Orthodox Christianity. I ask all faithful Russian Orthodox everywhere to make their profile pictures images of anime girls." This is easy for them to comply with, as they were already doing that. Orthodox Polemicist, Jay Dyer, states "Anime goes best with Dyer Wave. Clearly, if one accepts ADS and the Filioque it inevitably leads to condemning anime."

The Ecumenical Patriarchate, after an unrelated meeting with the head of the CIA, wholeheartedly agrees with everything Pope Francis says in the encyclical. Patriarch Bartholomew states, "This will greatly help the efforts of ecumenism".

Protestant commentators have likewise mixed reactions. Dr. James White stated this morning, "This condemnation of Anime can only come from the Anti-Christ. No genuine member of the elect can possibly say such a thing. Do the Romanists have no shame?"

King James Only Baptists, in a surprise twist, completely agree with the Pope. Mr. Denlinger stated in a youtube video, "The word Anime is not found anywhere in the King James Bible, and as such it MUST be sinful."

Anonymous forum user, Justin Martyr, told the press, "After this decision, I'm seriously considering sedevacantism. If the Pope condemns cigarettes, I'm out. Do you know how many St. Pius X smoked a day? Oh, by the way, here is a wall of text, entirely unrelated to the topic at hand, about the Church's historical stance on religious coercion. Did you know She has a jurisdiction rather than person centered view? Its still in canon law!..."

I'm Vichael Moris, and that's the news. Remember: You heard it here first!
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maximilian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 11, 2022, 07:26:37 PM
Anime is a sin, lads.

I defy anyone to not have their heart warmed by this anime theme song.
[I couldn't find a version that had both the animation and the English lyrics.]

Tennessean

If weeb songs are a sin, then so is boomer rock.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Tennessean on September 12, 2022, 12:56:53 PM
If weeb songs are a sin, then so is boomer rock.
A take I'm entirely ok with.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Melkor

Anime is pretty gay lol. But to each their own. The thing I like about this forum is that's it's pretty chill. Sorry to break the chain of 'weeb music' (not actually lol), here's some Irish folk/soft rock.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Greg

This is my former colleague and then business partner.  He writes all his own music and performs it with friends and family members who are all musically talented.

Makes great background music in the evening.  Let him know what you think about it.  He has a small loyal following.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Melkor

Bernadette

Just finished bingeing the first season of the Serial podcast. About a man who was suspected of having been wrongly convicted of murder. He was released a couple of days ago, after 23 years in prison, after the judge vacated his conviction. I shudder to think what would have happened if it had been a death penalty case.
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

Bernadette

The Clitheroe Kid. It's a British radio show from the 60s.
My Lord and my God.