Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 07, 2013, 02:21:15 AM
How was Django?
He was missing some fingers, but other than that he was probably the greatest guitar player that ever lived.

tmw89

Rear Window, for really the umpteenth time - but the first time on Blu-ray.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Just watched The Big Sleep.  Don't know how many times I've seen it.  Always great.

I'm teaching a freshman comp class this semester, and the course theme I picked was film noir, so I have a whole semester of awesome films to look forward to.   8)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Hat And Beard

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 12, 2013, 02:56:02 PM
Just watched The Big Sleep.  Don't know how many times I've seen it.  Always great.

I'm teaching a freshman comp class this semester, and the course theme I picked was film noir, so I have a whole semester of awesome films to look forward to.   8)
Oh yes. The Maltese Falcon, Sunset Boulevard, A Touch of Evil, The Third Man, and to shake things up, Chinatown. It's going to be a fun semester for you.

Bonaventure

40 Years of Fidelity: Abp. Lefebvre documentary.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

I will watch China Heavyweight tonight. I'll give a full report around 7AM MST tomorrow.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

CoolCat

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 12, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
Isn't that an ongoing soap opera?
Just kidding.

Bonaventure

Quote from: CoolCat on January 14, 2013, 02:22:58 PM
Just kidding.

You mean a novela?

8)
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

CoolCat

Ben

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 12, 2013, 02:56:02 PM

I'll have to see that again. I've read that the plot didn't make any sense to Hawks.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: CoolCat on January 15, 2013, 01:38:03 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on January 15, 2013, 11:55:53 AM
Quote from: CoolCat on January 14, 2013, 02:22:58 PM
Just kidding.

You mean a novela?

8)
I had to look it up.  Yes, something like that.

You mean there are shirtless Latinos in every scene? I might have to watch that!  :)

Christknight104

Did you buy that at the Retreat House?

Bonaventure

Quote from: Christknight104 on January 15, 2013, 02:03:40 PM

Did you buy that at the Retreat House?

No, we just watched it.

Bernadette

Hugo. It was fantastic, absolutely enchanting.  :) I'll have to hunt down the book now.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Finally saw For Greater Glory today. I couldn't really keep track of the reasons behind things, especially the government's decisions, but the cristeros' conviction and dedication was definitely inspriring!
My Lord and my God.