Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

The second Hobbit movie. Pretty good.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

drummerboy

So I'm guessing that the filming is all done for the trilogy, right?  It has to be for them to be released so quick.

Which would be good because Ian McKellan isn't getting any younger.  If they dragged out the filming, he might pass away, and then they'd have to cgi him in, which would be weird.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Larry

Quote from: drummerboy on December 14, 2013, 12:54:56 PM
So I'm guessing that the filming is all done for the trilogy, right?  It has to be for them to be released so quick.

Which would be good because Ian McKellan isn't getting any younger.  If they dragged out the filming, he might pass away, and then they'd have to cgi him in, which would be weird.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're done. I think they also did all of Christopher Lee's footage; he wasn't in this one, but he's supposed to be in the 3rd.
I liked a lot of this movie more than the first, but there was something missing. I didn't think the music was as good, and there's too much filler. But I had a good time and I'll see it again. But not in IMAX. I was getting dizzy watching the action scenes. Smaug is the coolest dragon I've ever seen in a movie.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Cesar_Augustus

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

drummerboy

Red 2

Very good movie.  Not as funny as the first, but it could stand on its own as a good comedy.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: drummerboy on December 15, 2013, 09:25:00 AM
Red 2

Very good movie.  Not as funny as the first, but it could stand on its own as a good comedy.
I thought it was good too

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on December 14, 2013, 05:21:23 PM
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Yes, I just watched the first movie of this series: 'The Hunger Games' and this sequel. Both were very well done. The trilogy is a good story; the author takes her heroine through one psychological and physical trauma after another; by the end of the last book, she is finally getting over PTSS, but she will never recover totally.
Also, I'm looking forward to watching the Hobbit-2; I saw the trailer on youtube, and it looks like a great movie. I also enjoyed the first movie a lot. Peter Jackson has made Tolkien's little story into an epic. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Elizabeth

Yo, I thought [/Hunger Gamesb] was a big no-no???  I'm interested in seeing it now if MW gives it the OK!

red solo cup

Flight with Denzel Washington
non impediti ratione cogitationis

drummerboy

Quote from: red solo cup on December 15, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

That was an awesome movie.  Didn't care for the very beginning scene in the hotel... but the rest was good.  And John Goodman played an awesome dealer; I liked the beer bottle opener on the dashboard.

red solo cup

Quote from: drummerboy on December 15, 2013, 06:05:07 PM

That was an awesome movie.  Didn't care for the very beginning scene in the hotel... but the rest was good.  And John Goodman played an awesome dealer; I liked the beer bottle opener on the dashboard.
Goodman WAS funny. "Don't touch the murch"!
non impediti ratione cogitationis

voxxpopulisuxx

turned into another AA preachy hogswallop...very disappointed.

911!

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.