Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 09, 2014, 08:45:47 AM
That is such a long p&p. 

Only a little over half into it   oy.

But ... Mr darcy!  Oooh.

:lol:

Are you watching alone or with the lady friend?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

Quote from: Archer on May 10, 2014, 09:22:09 PM
I love westerns.

And this is one of the best. Plus, it has both Grace Kelly and Katy Jurado. How cool is that?
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Archer

Quote from: Larry on May 10, 2014, 09:26:57 PM
Quote from: Archer on May 10, 2014, 09:22:09 PM
I love westerns.

And this is one of the best. Plus, it has both Grace Kelly and Katy Jurado. How cool is that?

That makes it extra awesome.  Grace Kelly was a classy actress.

I recently saw The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance which I had never seen before (don't know why) and really liked it.  My father-in-law and I are finishing The Commancheros tonight. 

Gidge

"The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes, but is tolerant in practice because she loves. Enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe, but they are intolerant in practice because they do not love."

Rev. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.

Maximilian

Quote from: Archer on May 10, 2014, 09:09:45 PM
Quote from: Larry on May 10, 2014, 07:47:35 PM
High Noon

Good movie.

Yeah. I just watched it again recently. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I was aware that it has an underlying Randian philosophy which made me prepared to hate it. But instead I loved it. A classic in every sense.

As a work of cinematic art, not a second or a frame is wasted. As far as finding that both the good and the bad people of the town are all cowards, that is not too different from what Our Lady said to Sr. Lucy around the same time the movie was being made, "No one has listened to me, neither the good nor the bad."

I love the way he goes from the saloon to the church. In the saloon they openly side with the criminals. But in the church they won't do anything that involves risking their status. All the talk about "protecting the women and children" is really just an excuse for cowardice.

And of course there's the song. I've always believed that music is the most important part of a movie. And this song is just perfect in every way. The tune is so catchy, but it also tells the whole story if you listen to the words.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLvKZ6nIiA[/yt]

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. Very good. But the boxing sure has taken it's toll on Mickey's face.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on May 12, 2014, 05:27:36 AM
The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. Very good. But the boxing sure has taken it's toll on Mickey's face.

i saw that a couple years ago. its a good movie eh.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Chestertonian

Quote from: Heinrich on May 11, 2014, 10:49:27 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on May 10, 2014, 11:15:54 PM
Pete's Dragon

Creepy.

i have discovered a lot of old vhs tapes from my 80's childhood and that was one of them.  It's amazing how much junk there was!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Hector, Tamer of Horses

Chinatown.

I liked it a lot.
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas

Gardener

Quote from: red solo cup on May 12, 2014, 05:27:36 AM

Not just boxing, but the epic amounts of plastic surgery.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

verenaerin

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 12, 2014, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 11, 2014, 10:49:27 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on May 10, 2014, 11:15:54 PM
Pete's Dragon

Creepy.

i have discovered a lot of old vhs tapes from my 80's childhood and that was one of them.  It's amazing how much junk there was!

"The Labyrinth" was really, really creepy.