Favorite painting/rendering of Ezekiel's vision?

Started by alicewyf, July 05, 2016, 11:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alicewyf

My husband and I read some scripture almost every night. A recent reading was from Ezekiel, and I can't stop thinking about it! After reading it, my husband said, "God sent aliens!" (Jokingly) but that isn't how I imagined it at all. After a cursory Internet search for art, though, it sounds like my husband wasn't alone in his initial interpretation, lol. I was wondering if anyone has a favorite artwork depicting this awesome Biblical event.

ETA: I now have William Dawson's arrangement of "Ezekiel saw de wheel" running thru my head. It's worth a listen, but has definite ear worm potential!

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Yes a lot of Ancient Aliens theorists refer to Ezekiel's wheel.

I listened to the song, I was not impressed by their performance.

red solo cup

But, but..what about the Nazca Lines and the Mayans in spacesuits and the testimony of St. Däniken?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Sojourn

O felix culpa quae talem et tantum meruit habere redemptorem!

Sojourn

Michael Heiser is an academic that focuses on the OT, he has a protestant background, but as a scholar he presents very objective and solid information. Sadly I think the above is in part a response to people trying to claim it's a biblical UFO, it was no such thing. It's not a painting but I think you might find it helpful.
O felix culpa quae talem et tantum meruit habere redemptorem!