Vatican's Sodomy Problem

Started by King Wenceslas, June 01, 2021, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

QuoteThe State Department's woke foreign policy crusade has reached the Vatican, as the US Embassy to the Holy See tripled down on celebrating LGBTQI+ Pride Month, both on social media and by hoisting the rainbow flag.

"The United States respects the dignity and equality of LGBTQI+ people. LGBTQI+ rights are human rights," the embassy declared on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram on Tuesday, showing a photo of Pride flag hanging off the front facade and announcing it will be there "during the month of June."

Before that, the embassy had tweeted a photo of the White House lit up in rainbow flag colors. Its next tweet was a link to a statement by Secretary of State Antony Blinken, celebrating June as Pride Month.

"The [State] Department has committed to increasing U.S. engagement on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI+) human rights issues abroad," Blinken said, adding, "We recognize that, through these partnerships, we will be able to build a safer, more inclusive global society for all LGBTQI+ persons."

Response on all social media platforms has been overwhelmingly negative. Roman Catholics took the flag as an insult, as June is the month they have dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

"Difficult to view this as anything other than a deliberate, provocative insult to traditional Catholicism," wrote Newsweek editor Josh Hammer. "Not a good look."

The flag of Sodom is not hanging from the US embassy in Saudi Arabia, but in Vatican City which is a Catholic country, which really does indicate that the US has no respect for Christian values.

But now under Biden America has come to the point of hanging the flag within Vatican City. But, in all truth, there are plenty of clergy leaders who have no issue with Sodom, for even the Pope himself expressed his support for sodomite unions.

The Church has been utterly conquered by Sodom, and looking at the Second Jerusalem, I cannot help but reference St. John when he spoke of Sodom and Egypt when referring to that City on a Hill. Rome has become Egypt; for it is filled with the evils of pagandom; Sodom, for it is filled with the ways of that abysmal metropolis which was cut asunder by fire from Heaven. Will it take fire from heaven for the world to finally see that darkness they are embracing? Or perhaps another scourge will have to be used, a human scourge of armies of other nations more warlike than most, to invade Rome and bring about a horrific fury of insatiable rage to that city, such as when German mercenaries invaded Rome in 1527. What will it take? Only time will tell. But what we can tell are the fumes from the corrupt incense burning from the warped altars of Sodom's temples, with people calling themselves Catholic when they are in reality members of the church of Satan.

Many Catholics will defend the Church, while at the same time not realizing, (or being too afraid to admit) that the Vatican, and the whole of the Catholic apparatus, has become a homosexual hornets nests.

Insanis

Before jumping to conclusions that we live in unique times, be sure to check out Liber Gomorrhianus (Book of Gomorrah) by St Peter Damian in the 11th century. He outlines major moral issues he sees in the clergy.

Quote from: King Wenceslas on June 01, 2021, 09:42:46 PM
The Church has been utterly conquered by Sodom, and looking at the Second Jerusalem, I cannot help but reference St. John when he spoke of Sodom and Egypt when referring to that City on a Hill. Rome has become Egypt; for it is filled with the evils of pagandom; Sodom, for it is filled with the ways of that abysmal metropolis which was cut asunder by fire from Heaven.

Some things are bad, and some things aren't, but you might be ignoring the reality of history here. Do you think all those people who were critical of the Church and those great saints who wrote strongly on moral matters were making things up? Some shocking and different abuses happened in the past, some things are the same, and some things are new, but the problem of people in power doing bad things is not new at all.

The political power of the Pope (and Church in general) is a lot weaker than it was back then as well. It plays a larger and different role in world politics.

Also, the actions of the US Embassy are US government actions, not the Vatican's. Embassies are (as far as I understand it) foreign territory as far as the host is concerned.

QuoteWhat will it take? Only time will tell. But what we can tell are the fumes from the corrupt incense burning from the warped altars of Sodom?s temples, with people calling themselves Catholic when they are in reality members of the church of Satan.

Time, perhaps a few more thousand years. The Gates of Hell will not prevail and the Lord has already won. All we have to do is be faithful in the time we have.

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on June 01, 2021, 09:49:56 PM
Before jumping to conclusions that we live in unique times, be sure to check out Liber Gomorrhianus (Book of Gomorrah) by St Peter Damian in the 11th century. He outlines major moral issues he sees in the clergy.
So you're telling me, I need to read an ancient tome that probably hasn't been in print for three centuries, otherwise I'm jumping to conclusions about things I can see with my eyes? Don't play Wormtongue.

Let's at least turn this into a thread about the implications behind Saudis having more power over America than the Vatican have.

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on June 01, 2021, 10:03:28 PM
So you're telling me, I need to read an ancient tome that probably hasn't been in print for three centuries, otherwise I'm jumping to conclusions about things I can see with my eyes? Don't play Wormtongue.

It is on the Internet and some of its content is easily found in the link I gave.

It is for context, so people don't think that immorality plaguing the Church now is somehow a new thing.

I suppose it is easier just to lament that the Vatican is infested with evil and all is lost, etc, and not appreciate the power of the Holy Ghost in guiding the Church through time, regardless of the apparent failures of individuals.

Let's at least turn this into a thread about the implications behind Saudis having more power over America than the Vatican have.

Yes, the Vatican has very little political power in this sense. That is not news. It is "diplomacy".

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on June 01, 2021, 10:03:28 PM

Why would you insult me like that? Are you a Catholic yet?

Things like this and a lack of awareness of history and reality are what causes many Catholics to see the Church as defective and leave it for good.

I've been Catholic all my life and I have seen this. I know the dangers of certain lines of thought.

I have seen apparently the strongest faiths lost because the people starting looking at people rather than to God. I have seen people constantly demand perfection from priests, and not finding it, start seeing them as just men, and leave the Church. I have seen people consumed by issues of the world that they forget what the Church has survived and then they leave the Church.

These are real dangers.

It is present on this forum even. Some of the Catholics here weren't always so. Constancy in the faith is a precious thing and anything that attacks it should be counter-attacked and at least put into a context that strengthens the faith.

The US Embassy flying an offensive banner is a US problem, not a "Vatican sodomy problem".

And yes, being Catholic and discussing Catholic history and beliefs usually means referencing very old documents.

Quote from: Tennessean on May 19, 2021, 07:42:43 PM
I came for the basics. Catholics have the best basics. What I needed was religion not a social club.

Dealing with the reality of evil is part of the basics. If you focus on this problems without awareness of the full picture, you see will end up seeing it as a social club and leave it.

Tennessean

Friend, I have no idea who you are, but I didn't pop into existence when I registered here. You may have it all figured out, because you've read the book on everything, so nothing surprises you anymore, but I'll tell you regardless of whether you think so we do live in very unique times. Keep cross-posting from other topics, you're going to slip up. You are not the moderation.

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on June 02, 2021, 10:44:55 AM
You may have it all figured out, because you've read the book on everything, so nothing surprises you anymore, but I'll tell you regardless of whether you think so we do live in very unique times.

Everybody in history lived in "unique times". We are called to confront the world as we live in it, and it is a mistake to think that we are confronting others haven't. If we ignore the past, we will fail to see how they overcame and think we are justified in doing something else.

Keep cross-posting from other topics, you're going to slip up. You are not the moderation.

I'm not sure what this means.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Insanis on June 02, 2021, 01:04:29 PM

Keep cross-posting from other topics, you're going to slip up. You are not the moderation.

I think he means that you often behave as if you are the moderator.

Insanis

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 02, 2021, 01:08:17 PM

I see people on occasion telling me what to do, asking for me to be banned, etc, all the time, yet, nobody makes those claims about them. If fact, the OP's first contact with me was to promoting banning me because I was engaged in a topic I didn't know had a history in my first week here.

I didn't post anything about any rules or forum policy. I was discussing the topic and a perspective on it which maybe spiritually helpful, rather than being all doom and gloom about it.

This is a forum, for discussion. It is odd that people see this as an attempt to usurp moderators.

(Of course, here, to actually act like a moderator means to post very little at all and be very sparing in any measures to control the forum.)

Santantonio

The Vatican and Bahamas, Namibia were targeted in the same manner.

It is because they do not condone.

US embassies in Namibia, the Bahamas and the Vatican fly Pride flag in defiance of anti-LGBT+ hate

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/06/02/us-embassies-pride-flag-namibia-bahamas-vatican/

Miriam_M

Quote from: Insanis on June 02, 2021, 01:13:01 PM

I see people on occasion telling me what to do, asking for me to be banned, etc, all the time, yet, nobody makes those claims about them. If fact, the OP's first contact with me was to promoting banning me because I was engaged in a topic I didn't know had a history in my first week here.

I didn't post anything about any rules or forum policy. I was discussing the topic and a perspective on it which maybe spiritually helpful, rather than being all doom and gloom about it.

This is a forum, for discussion. It is odd that people see this as an attempt to usurp moderators.

(Of course, here, to actually act like a moderator means to post very little at all and be very sparing in any measures to control the forum.)

In your opinion.  The last one, for example, is your opinion, not a fact.

Insanis

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 02, 2021, 03:02:32 PM
In your opinion.  The last one, for example, is your opinion, not a fact.

Sharing opinions on a forum is pretty normal, isn't it?

As for the last one, I think relative to this very forum's history the current moderator policies and activities are very sparse in comparison. That could be quantified, because one can go back and check.

diaduit

Quote from: Insanis on June 02, 2021, 01:13:01 PM

Then by all means please do act like a moderator!

Also it is unique times because at least in times past, serious sinful actions were not done publicly or applauded publicly or celebrated publicly, they had some sense of shame and hid it.

Miriam_M

Initially, I wasn't sure what Insanis meant by "here."  Now I do understand. 

Nevertheless, I agree with Tennessean.

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on June 02, 2021, 01:04:29 PM
You may have it all figured out, because you've read the book on everything, so nothing surprises you anymore, but I'll tell you regardless of whether you think so we do live in very unique times.

Everybody in history lived in "unique times". We are called to confront the world as we live in it, and it is a mistake to think that we are confronting others haven't. If we ignore the past, we will fail to see how they overcame and think we are justified in doing something else.
This is saying absolutely nothing.

It means quit playing gotcha games. You know people who like to start feuds tend to overplay their hands and get flushed.