My first daughter!

Started by Gardener, September 18, 2018, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeB

Congratulations!  :)

(Also, love the name Genevieve.)

Gardener

Quote from: Stu Cool on September 18, 2018, 07:29:08 PM
Congrats.  She is so alert in that first photo.  Was she early?  I'm surprised the Missus let you go hunting unless she was early.

36 weeks and 6 days. Missed not having to rotate through NICU by 5 hours (mandatory if born before 37 weeks in CO)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Congrats!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

diaduit

Congratulations ....beautiful baba

At some point in the future when your not busy.....10 years maybe, you can translate that hunting trip for me....haven't a clue what your describing  ;D ;D

Gardener

translation:
We were elk hunting. Europeans might refer to them simply as deer, or red deer (a cousin of American/Canadian Elk), but we refer to deer as something else. I believe "elk" in Europe are what we call moose.

American/Canadian Elk:

American Deer (mule deer);

Males are called bulls and females cows. You can bring them in by calling like a cow. The cows come in to investigate and the bulls to get their harem built up. Bugling like a bull can bring in aggressive males looking to fight intruders in "their" territory.

We were mid way up a ridge on the edge of an aspen tree grove, w/ pine (evergreen) above us doing a cow calling setup (sitting, doing cow calls, hoping to bring in an elk) when we got the call about my wife. Ran down the ridge and up another to get back to the truck, a distance of about 2 miles (3.21km) and then had to drive out on a rough, mountain road a distance of about 5 miles (8km).

Here's a video which covers elk hunting, though they did a true back country backpack hunt whereas we drove in as far as possible and went out from a camp each day.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up9_2aTYYec[/yt]
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

Congratulations on your little girl, Gardener! I've always liked the name Genevieve, too. :)
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

I've always like the name Genevieve too, which is why we named our daughter Genevieve.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Beautiful name, beautiful baby. God bless your family.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

She's perfect!!  I hope Mrs. Gardener is getting plenty of rest and cuddle time with little Miss Genevieve.  And, that they are recovering well and quickly.  What do the boys think of her?  (I've not read the whole thread, so sorry if you already answered that.)

Gardener

The boys like her so far. Dominic is very into her and Eamon is curious and likes looking at her.

She is recovering fairly well.

Genevieve is latching, but has a tongue tie we need to get fixed, as she is not getting as much milk as she could, so my wife has to finish her with a bottle.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Gardener on September 20, 2018, 11:29:02 AM
The boys like her so far. Dominic is very into her and Eamon is curious and likes looking at her.

Genevieve is latching, but has a tongue tie we need to get fixed, as she is not getting as much milk as she could, so my wife has to finish her with a bottle.

:pray3: Genevieve, mom.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Heinrich

I hope Dominic doesn't teach her to ride bikes. Your house, bro.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Christe Eleison

Prayers for baby Genevieve's tongue tie. And that it gets resolved soon.  :pray3:
Prayers for Mommy & family.  :pray2:

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on September 21, 2018, 12:39:18 PM

I hope Dominic doesn't teach her to ride bikes. Your house, bro.

We might be doing a post-baptismal party, finally -- having never done one. You're obviously invited (will get you info), and always invited, really.

Serviam

With fear and trembling work out your salvation.