Pointless thread

Started by devoutchristian, December 07, 2013, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Clare

When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

voxxpopulisuxx

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Sbyvl36

Bill de Blasio is a Nitwit.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

C.Z.

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

tradne4163

Hey, if a woman a couple years younger than me happened to marry my biological father (assuming the marriage is valid), would I have to call her "Mom?"
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

C.Z.

Quote from: tradne4163 on January 06, 2014, 11:23:34 PM
Hey, if a woman a couple years younger than me happened to marry my biological father (assuming the marriage is valid), would I have to call her "Mom?"

No, because she's not your real mother.
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

tradne4163

Quote from: Bowwow on January 06, 2014, 11:29:04 PM

well, what would I call her? Using her first name would feel kind of awkward.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

C.Z.

Quote from: tradne4163 on January 06, 2014, 11:32:45 PM

Well, I suppose you could call her "Mom", but I'd say you wouldn't be required to as she's not your actual mother. I'd use her first name, but that's just me.

tradne4163

Quote from: Bowwow on January 06, 2014, 11:40:45 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on January 06, 2014, 11:32:45 PM

Well, I suppose you could call her "Mom", but I'd say you wouldn't be required to as she's not your actual mother. I'd use her first name, but that's just me.
*sigh* some things are just too confusing. thankfully this scenario will never happen.

anyway...

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

voxxpopulisuxx

911!

Arun

clam chowder is an inappropriate substitute for commercial roofing tile. you should always use fish-head chowder.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Arun on January 13, 2014, 08:17:55 PM
clam chowder is an inappropriate substitute for commercial roofing tile. you should always use fish-head chowder.
whats the point of tha?

911!

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux