Pointless thread

Started by devoutchristian, December 07, 2013, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoutchristian

This is a pointless thread. It should be populated by pointless posts, so please post posts that have as little as possible to do with the other posts in the thread, so no quoting. If the post is ridiculous, all the better.

P.S. If you know which two threads this thread is based off of, please use the word "dog" in your first post.

P.P.S. if you don't know which two threads this thread is based off of, please don't use the word "dog" in your first post. You can PM someone who did if you want to know (and it doesn't count if you had to ask someone).
Modernism! Modernism! All is modernism (even if its not)!

"For Catholics, nothing will remove the authority of the Second Council of Nicaea, where it condemns those who dare, after the impious fashion of heretics to deride ecclesiastical traditions, ... or to endeavor by malice or craft to overthrow any one of the legitimate traditions of the Catholic Church. " --Pope St. Pius X (1903-1914), Encyclical Letter Pascendi Dominici Gregis, September 8, 1907

An excerpt from the works of Martin Luther:

"bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep"

Quote from: the Council of TrentCANON VII.--If any one saith, that the ceremonies, vestments, and outward signs, which the Catholic Church makes use of in the celebration of masses, are incentives to impiety, rather than offices of piety; let him be anathema.

devoutchristian

"For Catholics, nothing will remove the authority of the Second Council of Nicaea, where it condemns those who dare, after the impious fashion of heretics to deride ecclesiastical traditions, ... or to endeavor by malice or craft to overthrow any one of the legitimate traditions of the Catholic Church. " --Pope St. Pius X (1903-1914), Encyclical Letter Pascendi Dominici Gregis, September 8, 1907

Quote from: the Council of TrentCANON VII.--If any one saith, that the ceremonies, vestments, and outward signs, which the Catholic Church makes use of in the celebration of masses, are incentives to impiety, rather than offices of piety; let him be anathema.

per_passionem_eius

Dog day afternoons are but a distant memory.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

Lynne

My favorite breed of dog is the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

I always use hair of the dog for my hangovers.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

per_passionem_eius

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

devoutchristian

The television is upside down.

per_passionem_eius

devoutchristian

tradne4163

Remember kids, strangers have the best candy.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

devoutchristian

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

C.Z.

No one knows I'm a cactus.
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

devoutchristian

Dentistry is a lonely hat.

Oldavid

Everyone knows I'm cactus.
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus