what are your daily supplements?

Started by diaduit, October 01, 2020, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

I did the 6 day lead into TWICE...then on the day for the throne, the night before something came up that I couldn't be at home. 

However, I also buckled at the thought of taking so much epsom salts when I have low blood pressure.  I took the colonics powder on day one of the second time and it didn't do anything to me so I'm going to try again and not bottle it and just refuse all visitors :)

mikemac

Quote from: Acolyte on November 01, 2020, 12:53:43 AM
Quote from: mikemac on October 27, 2020, 02:49:50 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on October 26, 2020, 09:46:17 PM

The CoQ10 is the one I can actually feel better taking it. If I skip taking it for 2-3 days, I feel tired.

Are you taking this for congestive heart failure Acolyte?  I just had an EKG done today.  My mother and her mother had chf.  If the cardiologist says I have it too I'll be asking how much CoQ10 I should be taking.

I don't have a heart condition that I know of but I take it to benefit my heart health. 600mg/day

Thanks Acolyte.  I got Natural Factors brand 100 mg CoQ10.  I've been taking it for a week.  Feeling a little better.  I asked the lady at the health food store if it's advisable to take more than one a day.  She said maybe two, but not more.  That would just be 200 mg per day.  I've read you can take up to 1200 mg per day.  How many capsules are you taking to make up your 600 mg per day?  What brand of CoQ10?  I haven't spoken to a doctor about this yet.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Elizabeth.2

I think CoQ10is very effective for overall energy. I can really feel it if we run out.  They are too expensive for now, but nootropics are very nice for my poor brain. 

mikemac

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on November 09, 2020, 03:44:19 PM
I think CoQ10is very effective for overall energy. I can really feel it if we run out.  They are too expensive for now, but nootropics are very nice for my poor brain.

Yeah finally a supplement that you can actually feel a difference.  They are expensive, $41.80 Can. for 150 softgels.  Elizabeth how many mg do you take per day?  What CoQ10 brand do you take?
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

Elizabeth.2

Hi, Mike~
I use the Costco Kirkland brand, 300 mg.  I've never had any problem taking several at a time.  The main thing is that you want it to attach to a food source.  So, take at least one with meals.  Also I back it up with Costco B-Complex for my nerves and so forth.  B vitamins are very very good against depression or even alcoholism and mental fatigue...they used to use them in mental hospitals and drying-out places.  :cheeseheadbeer:
I almost forgot- I use blessed salt almost every day in food. 

mikemac

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on November 10, 2020, 08:04:38 AM
Hi, Mike~
I use the Costco Kirkland brand, 300 mg.  I've never had any problem taking several at a time.  The main thing is that you want it to attach to a food source.  So, take at least one with meals.  Also I back it up with Costco B-Complex for my nerves and so forth.  B vitamins are very very good against depression or even alcoholism and mental fatigue...they used to use them in mental hospitals and drying-out places.  :cheeseheadbeer:
I almost forgot- I use blessed salt almost every day in food.

Thanks.  Two of them would give me the 600 mg per day that Acolyte recommended.

Source

Acolyte

Quote from: mikemac on November 09, 2020, 03:30:41 PM

The CoQ10 is the one I can actually feel better taking it. If I skip taking it for 2-3 days, I feel tired.

Are you taking this for congestive heart failure Acolyte?  I just had an EKG done today.  My mother and her mother had chf.  If the cardiologist says I have it too I'll be asking how much CoQ10 I should be taking.

I don't have a heart condition that I know of but I take it to benefit my heart health. 600mg/day

Thanks Acolyte.  I got Natural Factors brand 100 mg CoQ10.  I've been taking it for a week.  Feeling a little better.  I asked the lady at the health food store if it's advisable to take more than one a day.  She said maybe two, but not more.  That would just be 200 mg per day.  I've read you can take up to 1200 mg per day.  How many capsules are you taking to make up your 600 mg per day?  What brand of CoQ10?  I haven't spoken to a doctor about this yet.
Sorry, I totally missed your reply until now.

I usually use Nature's Bounty 200mg softgels. 80 per bottle.

I get them at Kroger when they are buy one get one free. They are around 45.00, so that's 27.00 or so when the buy one get one sale is on. ( ~ 35 cents each w/tax)

There are two forms.  ubiquinol and ubiquinone

ubiquinone is the one usually in brands that list coenzyme Q10 as the ingredient. ubiquinol is usually specified on the label and costs more.

Which form is better depends on what article or study read. ubiquinol appeared around 2007. But ubiquinone was the form studied since at least 1980 so who knows.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

Forgot to mention this brand I'm going to try.
https://www.gardenoflife.com/raw-coq10-vegan-capsules

Shopping around the prices are all over the place.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

mikemac

Quote from: Acolyte on January 30, 2021, 08:28:45 PM
Quote from: mikemac on November 09, 2020, 03:30:41 PM

Sorry, I totally missed your reply until now.

I usually use Nature's Bounty 200mg softgels. 80 per bottle.

I get them at Kroger when they are buy one get one free. They are around 45.00, so that's 27.00 or so when the buy one get one sale is on. ( ~ 35 cents each w/tax)

There are two forms.  ubiquinol and ubiquinone

ubiquinone is the one usually in brands that list coenzyme Q10 as the ingredient. ubiquinol is usually specified on the label and costs more.

Which form is better depends on what article or study read. ubiquinol appeared around 2007. But ubiquinone was the form studied since at least 1980 so who knows.

Thanks Acolyte.  I finished the bottle of Natural Factors brand 100 mg CoQ10.  I started with just one, then went to two, one in the morning and one at supper.  I found the local pharmacy has Jamieson brand 500 mg CoQ10, so I'm taking one of them in the morning now.  Fairly expensive at about $1 a piece.  Although that's similar to three 200 mg @ .35 cents each that you are taking.  I'm not finding much of a difference in the 500 mg ones compared to the two 100 mg ones, or even one 100 mg.  I noticed a difference right from the start, but little to no difference the more I took.  It turns out that I don't have congestive heart failure, which is good.  So I guess it's just the COPD that's causing my pulse stay high for a while after I do anything.  At least it doesn't stay high for as long now.

Source

Melkor

Creatine and protein. Caffeine, a lot of caffeine.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

diaduit

Quote from: Melkor on February 10, 2021, 12:21:39 PM
Creatine and protein. Caffeine, a lot of caffeine.

Hahhhaaa yesssss to coffee  :D

Lynne

So, the FDA will no longer allow NAC to be sold as a supplement so it is gone from Amazon, etc in the US. However, one can still find it at various other websites like https://nowfoods.com .

https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/regulatory/amazon-reportedly-removes-nac-containing-dietary-supplements
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Tennessean

I took ephedra until the FDA banned it.

DigitalLogos

A daily multivitamin and my prescription med. I used to do caffeine, but, in the past few years it's contributed to my panic attacks so I cut it out entirely.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Insanis

D2 and B12.

I like letters and even numbers.

(But seriously, I avoid the sun and don't eat enough bacteria in my diet, so I supplement.)

I also take a kelp thing for iodine, as dietary intake of that is highly variable and I don't use salt (not out of principle...I am not in the habit of using it).

I might take other things for times where I think it might be useful, such as when my broken bone was healing, I added a C tablet (rosehips) as I heard that can might prevent some complications and help healing (I had surgery to reduce the fracture and fixate it). I stopped when I ran out.