Russian Winter - Boiling Water at -41 C

Started by Bonaventure, December 29, 2012, 10:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheo

This is even worse.  I wanted degrees Kelvin.

Ha I was kidding too - I still refuse to use anything but Fahrenheit on the thermostat in my apartment.  I think the history of that system is kinda fun too.  Fahrenheit made a mixture of water, ice, and ammonium chloride and took its temperature as his 0-point.  At least he was being creative.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Heinrich

Quote from: Pheo on January 02, 2013, 11:35:03 AM

Ha I was kidding too - I still refuse to use anything but Fahrenheit on the thermostat in my apartment.  I think the history of that system is kinda fun too.  Fahrenheit made a mixture of water, ice, and ammonium chloride and took its temperature as his 0-point.  At least he was being creative.

Those wacky Germans. Whatt'dya gonna dew?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

When they throw a pot of water and it falls as snow the Russians call it "Angels Tears".
non impediti ratione cogitationis

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: red solo cup on January 04, 2013, 08:05:51 PM
When they throw a pot of water and it falls as snow the Russians call it "Angels Tears".

Is this some form of Russian national pastime that I didn't know about?  (Along with vodka, of course.)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

jovan66102

Quote from: Pheo on January 02, 2013, 11:35:03 AM

But not too accurate! In theory 100 degrees was normal human body temperature, but it turned out he was off by 1.4 degrees.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/