Hello

Started by Christopherus, January 08, 2019, 02:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopherus

A brief introduction, as I'm here to learn. Having lapsed for more years than I can believe, I returned to the Faith in early 2011, having made the commitment in mid-2010. My wife is attending RCIA, as she started coming to mass with me in 2014. We attend mass at a Benedictine abbey which features much plainchant, and we both appreciate the Latin very much.

I have been on a few Catholic forums which were a disaster, featuring many members who were secular and aggressive. That's not Christian as far as I'm concerned, let alone Catholic. I'm hoping that my quest to learn more about traditional Catholicism can be catered for here.

I'm recently retired, and am learning Latin as well as focusing my time on the Faith and various hobbies.

I hope to be able to contribute in some small way as well!

Pax

Chris

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

Welcome! I came back in 2005 after being away for 30 years. It is good to be home (or at least a pilgrim on my way home).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum!  :cheeseheadbeer:
I am also very happy to read that you have come back to the practice of the faith; Congratulations!
This forum is a pretty nice place to hang out at; a lot of well read and deeply informed Catholics here, who really care about their faith. I look forward to your contributions.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

What kind of powerlifting or strongman training are you doing to supplement your healthy retirement?

Welcome.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Christopherus

Quote from: Heinrich on January 08, 2019, 05:22:21 PM
What kind of powerlifting or strongman training are you doing to supplement your healthy retirement?

Welcome.

Mine is mental powerlifting, with the Latin!  I got to black belt in Shotokan karate years ago, and also did weights. I'm re-starting weights incrementally any day soon.

Stefano

Heinrich

Quote from: Christopherus on January 09, 2019, 04:50:39 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 08, 2019, 05:22:21 PM

Welcome.

Mine is mental powerlifting, with the Latin!  I got to black belt in Shotokan karate years ago, and also did weights. I'm re-starting weights incrementally any day soon.

My father resumed Okinawan karate in his 50s. He had earned a black belt as a child there, and took on shotokan as well. Yes, Latin is indeed powerlifting for the brain. That is exactly what I tell my students.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.