"The happy death of even my great grand-father" - St. Pio.

Started by Xavier, January 11, 2019, 12:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Dear friends, do you believe we can pray even now for our departed relatives and friends from a long time ago? St. Pio seems to suggest we can: "Maybe you don't know that I can pray even now for the happy death of even my great-grandfather. For the Lord, the past doesn't exist, the future doesn't exist. Everything is an eternal present. Those prayers had already been taken into account. And so, I repeat that even now I can pray for the happy death of my great-grandfather." https://www.hourofourdeath.org/five-insights-on-death-and-dying-from-st-pio-of-petrelcina/

Thoughts?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Gardener

Yes, absolutely.

And not just friends, family, etc., but any situation can be prayed for post facto in time because it's known by God, Who Is.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Stubborn

Yes, of course.

Whenever praying for the souls in purgatory, be sure to include "all my relatives and ancestors". It is likely that you have the faith today because your ancestors in heaven or purgatory, either prayed for you, or they kept the faith and were part of the chain that handed it down to you, so you owe it to them to pray for them often - they very well could still be in purgatory.

I think it will be one of the joys of heaven (if we make it) to meet all those individuals in heaven belonging to our family line since creation, and learn of the role they played in each subsequent generations' salvation.     
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent